Bushhogged the creek today

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama

Reaction score
Here in N.W. Alabama things are getting dry. There is a creek running through one of the pastures that is completly dry. Weeds were growing in it. Out of 6 ponds on the place none of them have enough water to last much longer. The ponds are at the lowest level I have ever saw them. I still have well water but it ain't piped all over the place. We normally water out of the ponds. Guess I'll be running water lines if we don't get rain soon. The temp. on a bank sign read 105 degrees as I came into work.

That's bad. Been there done that don't want a T-shirt. Hope ya'll get some rain soon.

I feel for you. Heat index was 110 here today, and I felt every bit of it . Hope you get some rain. :D

Bama when we were in the drought the weather guys would put rain at the end of every 5 or 7 day forecast. Guess they did that to keep us watching. Are they doing that there?

Been around 102 here the last 3 days. We had a couple calls with fellers wanting to know if we could get the Vol. Fire departments to haul water to dried up ponds.This is the driest spell we've had in many years, and there is no relief in the next 10 days forecast...

They say this high that is sitting on us is coming toward Alabama. Hope for both our sakes it does. Doesn't look like it carries much rain but its been bringing isolated showers every afternoon. If you are under one of these clouds it will drop about two inches on you while two miles away its dry as a bone. But the showers are so frequent and scattered most everyone is going to get some. Hope the weatherman is right and it comes your way.

The thing about moving her to Auburn is I have always been a Tide fan. I will admit I do have a Auburn cap. She ain't going into anything ag. related. Pharmacy is her choosing.

I've been hauling water to one farm for almost a month now. What a great way to spend every third evening!

The good news is it's raining as I type, not much but anything will help.

cfpinz

Gate Opener":3n5ypn8c said:
Bama when we were in the drought the weather guys would put rain at the end of every 5 or 7 day forecast. Guess they did that to keep us watching. Are they doing that there?

The trick around here is posting a 10% or 20% chance of rain in two or three days. Then tomorrow it's still two or three days away, but it's coming. :roll:

cfpinz":3vezh0mk said:
I've been hauling water to one farm for almost a month now. What a great way to spend every third evening!

The good news is it's raining as I type, not much but anything will help.

cfpinz

We got hammered last night. Power was out all night. Hot and sticky and couldn't even run a fan for more than 8 hours.

Lost several nice trees due to high wind and lightning. I have no idea how much rain we got, wind took out my rain gauge.

We needed the rain, I'm not complaining.

Latest posts