Burris Scope

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I ordered a Burris 4.5x14 scope for a .308 I just traded for. I got it in Saturday. I am very impressed! I am normally a Leupold and Nikon guy but I was blown away at the clarity and brightness of the glass. I think it rivals the Monarch and Vari-x 3. It has the Ballisti-Plex glass etched reticle which is really nice. The look, feel and ruggedness of the scope is outstanding. The proof will be in the pudding when I see if it tracks right and holds zero. Updates to come.

HOSS":2s5vbras said:
I ordered a Burris 4.5x14 scope for a .308 I just traded for. I got it in Saturday. I am very impressed! I am normally a Leupold and Nikon guy but I was blown away at the clarity and brightness of the glass. I think it rivals the Monarch and Vari-x 3. It has the Ballisti-Plex glass etched reticle which is really nice. The look, feel and ruggedness of the scope is outstanding. The proof will be in the pudding when I see if it tracks right and holds zero. Updates to come.

Mine is at Burris being fixed. I dropped it 5 min after i mounted it out of the box on my Remington .222 BDL

My preference has always been Burris Nikon then Leupold. Since I used so many pistol scopes I felt that Burris had the toughest scopes. Only problem was their old 3-9, they failed prtty reguarly. They redsigned the erector set up and when I sent in one of the old broken ones they just sent me a new one of the new style. Hard to beat costumer service ike that.

dun":3ezl31ui said:
My preference has always been Burris Nikon then Leupold. Since I used so many pistol scopes I felt that Burris had the toughest scopes. Only problem was their old 3-9, they failed prtty reguarly. They redsigned the erector set up and when I sent in one of the old broken ones they just sent me a new one of the new style. Hard to beat costumer service ike that.

Waiting to see what they do for me. I called them this morning and they said it was being repaired!

I'm going to try and burn a few rounds down the tube this afternoon. I hope to have a good report. The X-Mark Pro trigger on the rifle is not up to my specs. It is crisp but too heavy and I have it adjusted to the lightest point. I will order a Timney 510 for it soon. I will attempt to shoot the box with this scope to see if it will track consistently in both the vertical and horizontal planes.

Scope performed flawlessly. I can't complain. The rifle shot a sub-moa group right out of the box with factory ammo. I think with a new trigger and handloads I can shrink that down to .5 or so.

Hoss, in another thread sometime back you had mentioned a Vortex scope I believe to or with CB. What's the scoop on Vortex; never heard of them? What about the new Redfields? I heard one line was made in the USA and the other across the pond. I've been buying Leupold as of late and have really been happy.

I have a Burris 4-16 signature series on my ruger no.1 .270 and it's a nice scope but I would still like to have a Zeiss conquest 3-10x50 which seems to be the most clear/bright scope in that price range.

J&D Cattle":3a00zluz said:
Hoss, in another thread sometime back you had mentioned a Vortex scope I believe to or with CB. What's the scoop on Vortex; never heard of them? What about the new Redfields? I heard one line was made in the USA and the other across the pond. I've been buying Leupold as of late and have really been happy.

I purchased a Vortex as well as Hoss I believe cleare glass I ever looked through in the price range.
Now time will tell the have a heck of a warranty.
This is the one I put on a 7-08
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vor ... ex-reticle

Caustic Burno":1t0iirys said:
J&D Cattle":1t0iirys said:

I purchased a Vortex as well as Hoss I believe cleare glass I ever looked through in the price range.

Those look pretty nice; good reviews and an awesome warranty.

Caustic Burno":1kfx1fa7 said:
J&D Cattle":1kfx1fa7 said:

Where are they made?

Latest posts