Burial

Help Support CattleToday:

Me too ,love fall but that's as deep as I want to get..
I like living in KY where I can experience all the seasons. I can't imagine living where hot or cold weather was dominant. I really enjoy them all. By the time one is coming to an end, I'm ready for the next one. I wouldn't want to live in a place where it felt like summer in December or it was cool in July. Autumn is my favorite.

I plan to live until I'm 88 or 90. I want my children at my funeral, throw me in a box, look at me, no preachers no need for anybody to do any speech nothing nice to say about me so move along.... play some music thats not acceptable and have a horse drag me up the hill to the cemetery throw me in the hole. I want to be at this cemetery on top the hill that over looks the river. Simple.

Have gofundme out the booty than go blow the money on some stupid. 😝🤣🤡
Why stop there..... shoot for 100.

I think of Woodrow Call when he took Gus back to Texas.
After planting Gus, Woodrow says, "I'm going to be careful what I promise from now on."
( I know the feeling......................)

I like living in KY where I can experience all the seasons. I can't imagine living where hot or cold weather was dominant. I really enjoy them all. By the time one is coming to an end, I'm ready for the next one. I wouldn't want to live in a place where it felt like summer in December or it was cool in July. Autumn is my favorite.

Yea that would be strange after years of 4 seasons changing. My brother living in the mountains in Colorado its mostly snow year around except 2-3 months and they aren't what I'd call summer. Not my cup of tea but if it works for others that mean less people cramming up my hood. 😉 I don't love living in Kentucky, don't hate it either. Never been anywhere I felt wow I'd love to move here and call this home. Been many places I really like none I wanted to raise a family. I thought I wanted to move to Arizona or Oregon a few times. I didn't know Oregon was considered racist in most areas. We get enough of that 💩 round here. I guess generally speaking maybe there are alot of areas still like that. I like a mixture. I don't want my children growing up never seeing other races or being racist. I don't care if you black white purple green if your a good person that's all that matters and I even like some bad ones. 😝🤡 I used to really like the bad boys. Than comes a time you have to grow up. Some do some don't. 😎

Why stop there..... shoot for 100.

That may be okay but my time is 88 or 90. 100 would be 10-12 years past my time. 88-90 seems like a good time to go. If I'm still kicking at 100 I doing something stupid. 🤣🤡

Yea that would be strange after years of 4 seasons changing. My brother living in the mountains in Colorado its mostly snow year around except 2-3 months and they aren't what I'd call summer. Not my cup of tea but if it works for others that mean less people cramming up my hood. 😉 I don't love living in Kentucky, don't hate it either. Never been anywhere I felt wow I'd love to move here and call this home. Been many places I really like none I wanted to raise a family. I thought I wanted to move to Arizona or Oregon a few times. I didn't know Oregon was considered racist in most areas. We get enough of that 💩 round here. I guess generally speaking maybe there are alot of areas still like that. I like a mixture. I don't want my children growing up never seeing other races or being racist. I don't care if you black white purple green if your a good person that's all that matters and I even like some bad ones. 😝🤡 I used to really like the bad boys. Than comes a time you have to grow up. Some do some don't. 😎
I get it, but if you're green, it could be a sign of a medical condition. 🤢

I get it, but if you're green, it could be a sign of a medical condition. 🤢

Seriously took me a minute to figure out who's green or what was green. 😆😅🤣😂🤡 well duh!! 🤦🏽‍♀️
I believe my brother is green maybe a medical condition or he should be green as much of that marijuana 💩 he smokes. Wonder if on the papers it list other he could right green. 🤡🤣 He been smoking since he was what 14 or 15 years old. He has to be green. Not so sure he isn't willy Nelson son or Snoop dogs... yet he looks a little light skin to be Snoop's. 🤣🤡👻

Seriously took me a minute to figure out who's green or what was green. 😆😅🤣😂🤡 well duh!!
I should have highlighted the part of your post I was referring to about your not caring if someone is black, white, purple, or green. I just get a kick out of when people make that point, they always throw in a color or two that isn't an actual skin color. Well, it's not unless you are the hulk or from Star Trek. 😂

I should have highlighted the part of your post I was referring to about your not caring if someone is black, white, purple, or green. I just get a kick out of when people make that point, they always throw in a color or two that isn't an actual skin color. Well, it's not unless you are the hulk or from Star Trek. 😂
People come in various shades, but mostly uniform throughout. Probably a good thing that people do not come in the color patterns that cows do. Spotting gene, roan, black baldie, white blaze on the face, brindle. Parents would not want chrome on their kids. Zebu characteristics - definitely would be a disadvantage to those big ears.

Hahahaha yea my point was it doesn't matter. Pretty funny.

Oh yea my husband's hands turn green if he has caffeine. His hands will swell up get real tight turn a green color.
Mc💩 aka McDonald's gave him a peppermint coffee one time was supposed to been peppermint hot chocolate. I tried a sip, I told him naw that's coffee. We were going to the mall of America. He had allergies or some sinus infection couldn't taste real good. He kept saying it was hot chocolate I kept say naw coffee. After his hands turned green he agreed it was indeed coffee. 😆🤦🏽‍♀️ wife could be wrong but she could be right. She may not know anything cows, Ford trucks ect. But I know that was coffee. 😉🤣🤡

I just remembered something when we were planning my step dad's funeral. We got to the florist shop picking out the flowers. We were looking through these photos books or arrangements the lady had done. Beautiful arrangements. I'd never to this florist before it was way out of town. I thought on the way there why are we going all the way out here but my step sister ding dong butt pick the place. She was already getting on my nerves how she was acting at the funeral home. How she started in the second my step dad passed on what would be hers. I want to tell her what I thought for my mom's sake I kept my mouth 🤐 Just cause some adults can't be adults doesn't mean I should join them. 🙄 back to the story.... there was a picture of an old truck with a coffin in the back with the flower arrangements on top. The owner of the florist shop was such a sweet lady I'm so glad we went there. She told us the story about the family putting the coffin in the Dad's old truck and driving it to the cemetery. I just loved that. Definitely something people don't normally do, very memorable, and special honoring the dad.

The owner of the florist shop was such a sweet lady I'm so glad we went there. She told us the story about the family putting the coffin in the Dad's old truck and driving it to the cemetery. I just loved that.
Been there, seen it done, but it was because the deceased had no insurance, no $$ and not much close family. We did all pitch in and pay for the coffin and had a short memorial service at the grave yard with the coffin still on the tailgate of the truck and we had purchased a burial plot way out in the corner that evidently, no one else wanted but someone decided "we' would dig the hole ourselves after the service. It was August, hot as the blazes, not a breeze in the air or a cloud in sight, near Dallas Tx and the ground was harder than a hooker's heart. Out of the same pickup that served as the hearse, we got out our digging implements. Shovels, sharpshooters, picks. We finally got it deep enough, long enough and almost wide enough when the deceased man's twin brother said 'Enough!', drug the coffin over into the hole and it got stuck 1/2 way down the hole on a troublesome mesquite tree root. The brother (my 2nd cousin) stepped down on top of the coffin lid, jumped up and down a few times and on down it went. We said a prayer, wiped the sweat off our faces and covered ol cuz up.

I've buried lots of things in my life but that's the first, last and only human I ever dug the hole for.

A friend who lived in a very rural remote place in Eastern Oregon was called on to dig a grave for an old local guy who had passed. Two of them went to a grave yard with a backhoe. Picked an empty spot and started digging. They hit something solid. My friend jumped down in the hole to find out what they hit. It was a metal coffin with lots of ornate figures of dragons and such on the lid. They covered it back up and picked another site to dig. They went back later with a steel marker they made that read "China man grave."

Lots of the old graves just had a wooden marker which are long since gone. And most of these old graveyards have little or no maintenance.

Been there, seen it done, but it was because the deceased had no insurance, no $$ and not much close family. We did all pitch in and pay for the coffin and had a short memorial service at the grave yard with the coffin still on the tailgate of the truck and we had purchased a burial plot way out in the corner that evidently, no one else wanted but someone decided "we' would dig the hole ourselves after the service. It was August, hot as the blazes, not a breeze in the air or a cloud in sight, near Dallas Tx and the ground was harder than a hooker's heart. Out of the same pickup that served as the hearse, we got out our digging implements. Shovels, sharpshooters, picks. We finally got it deep enough, long enough and almost wide enough when the deceased man's twin brother said 'Enough!', drug the coffin over into the hole and it got stuck 1/2 way down the hole on a troublesome mesquite tree root. The brother (my 2nd cousin) stepped down on top of the coffin lid, jumped up and down a few times and on down it went. We said a prayer, wiped the sweat off our faces and covered ol cuz up.

I've buried lots of things in my life but that's the first, last and only human I ever dug the hole for.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I know it's not appropriate and it's probably more the way the story is told but I can't stop laughing.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I know it's not appropriate and it's probably more the way the story is told but I can't stop laughing.

Yea your right!! Imagine watching then from afar. We need go on cut our laughs off.

A friend who lived in a very rural remote place in Eastern Oregon was called on to dig a grave for an old local guy who had passed. Two of them went to a grave yard with a backhoe. Picked an empty spot and started digging. They hit something solid. My friend jumped down in the hole to find out what they hit. It was a metal coffin with lots of ornate figures of dragons and such on the lid. They covered it back up and picked another site to dig. They went back later with a steel marker they made that read "China man grave."

Lots of the old graves just had a wooden marker which are long since gone. And most of these old graveyards have little or no maintenance.

I wonder if there are any graves on our land from Indians or people years ago that farmed here maybe was buried here like you said the markers got lost. People have found tons of arrows heads here. Why nobody ever finds the actual bow? What did the Indian hide them or they rotten?

I bought a car one time off ebay 😆 went to Nashville picked it up. The car had a huge dragon sticker on the back window. It was in the window tint so unless I had the car re tinted the sticker stayed. Haha. Wonder if people thought I was Chinese or born the year of the dragon. Maybe raced them dragon boats. Yep that was it. Haha jk

Latest posts