Burger

Help Support CattleToday:

bird dog

Reaction score
I have a crippled poor doing yearling heifer that I thought I might just get grinded into hamburger. She has been on pasture since weaning many months ago. Question is, should the heifer be fed out with some high fat feed or corn or would that be a waste of money. She is only about 700 lbs. I am not worried about the quantity of meat I will receive, more so on the quality.

I have a crippled poor doing yearling heifer that I thought I might just get grinded into hamburger. She has been on pasture since weaning many months ago. Question is, should the heifer be fed out with some high fat feed or corn or would that be a waste of money. She is only about 700 lbs. I am not worried about the quantity of meat I will receive, more so on the quality.
If it were mine, I would put her up and feed her for around 3 months. I'd worm her and gradually increase feed. She would make some decent beef.

How crippledSmall pen and feed can do wonders.

Latest posts