Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you use a commercial bull?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lol.. Txcountry... your bull is a registered bull. I think what ACS is asking is how many folks use a non registered or composite bull

we only have one registered bull left on the place, the rest are home raised sons of AI sons or our best bulls.

We only use Red Angus bulls. I must say that "hybrid vigor" has prduced a lot of good growthy younguns--keep doin' what works for you.

When I showed in high school, my best winning calf came out of a man herd that were all commercial. I picked him when he was weaned and running out on grass. I showed him as a Brahman and he was out of a tigerstriped cow and a brahman bull.

Scotty

we AI everything to purebred registered Angus bulls, then lease purebred registered bulls for clean up.

My last bull was a Simm-Angus out of a Simm cow ai'd to a Grand Champion Bull out of Denver. Got some real good heifers out of him. Just bought another Simm-Angus bull a couple of weeks ago from the neighbor.

Where were you able to show a calf as a brahman that was not a 100% fullblooded registered Brahman? Is this in a steer class??

Scotty":1s8j0rc5 said:
When I showed in high school, my best winning calf came out of a man herd that were all commercial. I picked him when he was weaned and running out on grass. I showed him as a Brahman and he was out of a tigerstriped cow and a brahman bull.

Scotty

Latest posts