Bulls we sold in december 2005

Help Support CattleToday:

Dvperez81

Reaction score
Bayside (5 boroughs) NY . El Peten Guatemala .
sold 30 head in december . Selling 28-30 tomorrow, I dont have pics of those because my dad is down there , he didnt take the digicam with him this time . things looking good so far .
1ff4re2.jpg

1eaare2.jpg

f540re2.jpg

1c5fre2.jpg

one of the things im doing is I buy young calfs sell them when over 1000lbs or close it and buy some more I dont have enough females yet But I still manage to make money . ;-) BTW this is in guatemala . 800 acres and counting .

d197.jpg

me riding me horsie .lol IT WAS HOT last may 2005.

bd4a.jpg

may 2005 some of the cattle in herd were sold in december 2005.

4e19re2.jpg

looking further into the property.
4e19re2.jpg

another view.

Dvperez81,

Where do you sell thoes at ? In Mexico ? And how did you wind up farming in Guatemala ? And what breed of cattle are they ?

Stepper":boyv0lj2 said:
Dvperez81,

Where do you sell thoes at ? In Mexico ? And how did you wind up farming in Guatemala ? And what breed of cattle are they ?

I saw in a Western Horseman magazine or something not to long ago that showcased a large Cattle Ranch in Mexico. Does anyone know of any? I guess when I think of Mexico cattle ranches you think of corriente cattle and sombreros, but it was real modern with a stocker program and cow/calf.

Stepper":5xkznvoh said:
Dvperez81,

companies come over and buy the lot . or they are sold local. As far as them goin into mexico they will only go into foreign countries after they are slaughterd (unless they head south honduras el salvador ) . Brahmans most of them . I only have about 35 purebred brahmans . they rest are just mixed . Adn eventually when I have enough females I want to get some manso blood into them but for now I cannot afford this . Guatemalan Labor is cheap , Also I Have relatives who live down there . My godfather got me into this . He has been ranching for 12 years now .