bulls / heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

jaimefloresh

Reaction score
how many bulls do you recomend me to breed 120 18 months old heifers in a good pasture and little suplement no sincro just natural, tanks

If you can divide them into groups I would say 4 mature bulls. If you can't divide them then 3, 2 to fight and 1 to work.

Cabo":2taauknk said:
If you can divide them into groups I would say 4 mature bulls. If you can't divide them then 3, 2 to fight and 1 to work.
divide as 4 past to 30 head or just two past with 2 bulls each

I'd turn 6 or 7 out with em. Make sure the bulls spend time together before you turn em out so they have a pecking order.

it all depends on if you want them to calve in a 90 or 120 day window.or calve longer.5 2yr old bulls is the most id turn out.maybe enough of the heifers will be in heat to keep them from fighting for awhile.

Go with 4 Mature Bulls Split into 2 pastures, Make sure these Bulls are aquainted with each other so the pecking order is knwon, do not need bulls to fight when they should be breeding

If I could split them 4 ways I would use 4 bulls for six weeks. I do this but with only 50 to 60cows and 2 bulls split in half and get my calving down to under 40 days, I think one year it was 31 days!
Studies show that in multiple sire joining groups the dominant bull/s get most of the cows. You might consider all the bulls in the group to be of similar value but the poor bugger missing out is almost as good as a free loader.
Alternatively you could just AI.

Latest posts