bull

Help Support CattleToday:

buhbuh

Reaction score
Thinking of changing bulls.
Other than angus what bull to change to with Limousin cows? Thought about brangus.

Your answer will be as complete as the information you provide.

Time to tell us what size you are breeding to, age and what your goals are for your cow and calves, etc.

Otherwise the answer is - that'd work.

Cheers

Bez

if you want top sellling feeder calves breed those limousins cows to a charlois bull. it will get you yellow calves and the yellow and the black are the top selling feeders in most areas and the charlois crosses will be bigger framed and outgrow the blacks unless the blacks are out of crossbred milky mothers---go with the charlois if you arent going to stay with the black, in my opinion

Could end up with some high strung cattle going with Charlais IMO. Like the Hereford idea. Maybe Simmental. Maybe Maine-Anjou.

buhbuh,

Give us a little more info.

What have you been using?

Why do you want to change? In other words...what are your motovations to change from what you were using?

buhbuh":2ztjkfzw said:
Thinking of changing bulls.
Other than angus what bull to change to with Limousin cows? Thought about brangus.

I would probably go Hereford. Look for Langford bulls in you area. My ex-vets name is Langford and he has some pretty nice reg Herefords. I have one of his bulls here.

if you want black calves, angus or brangus would be fine. lots of breeds have black bulls now. many of those would make good crosses also. depends on what your cows look like & what traits you need

jerry27150":2haayxed said:
if you want black calves, angus or brangus would be fine. lots of breeds have black bulls now. many of those would make good crosses also. depends on what your cows look like & what traits you need

OK, lets have a little fun. This is one of my 1 month old bulls. What is the genectics here?
baldyBull_Maria_4_9_05.jpg
[/img]

flaboy":2s8vhddb said:
jerry27150":2s8vhddb said:

OK, lets have a little fun. This is one of my 1 month old bulls. What is the genectics here?

Herf cow black bull. Black cow herf bull.
I have a stout little heifer marked up just like that. Herf cow, blue roan shorty bull.
Cows in your avatar are black. Maybe just a pair of baldies?

certherfbeef":1i18d13e said:
flaboy":1i18d13e said:
jerry27150":1i18d13e said:

I have a stout little heifer marked up just like that. Herf cow, blue roan shorty bull.

Dang avatars anyway. Well I will give it another hour or so to see if there are anymore guesses before revealing the true identity.

You're busted!! Took this from another thread.
flaboy":lp328u8s said:
My Angus would rather fight my Hereford bull

Black cow, herf bull.

Have a good one.

flaboy":r2k2fiko said:
certherfbeef":r2k2fiko said:
flaboy":r2k2fiko said:
jerry27150":r2k2fiko said:

Dang avatars anyway. Well I will give it another hour or so to see if there are anymore guesses before revealing the true identity.

Ok, so this was too easy. I figured someone would say Holstein in the wood pile.

So purebred Hereford cow, registered Red Angus bull. Now the kicker here is that the registered Red Angus bull is black. Here is another of his offspring.
raBull_158Brangus_12_10_04.jpg

there has to be hereford in the ancestry. there also has to be black in the ancestry---it can be any mix of the two but probably most likely is the hereford bull and black angus cow or the hereford bull and the holstein cow----but hereford and black are both in there somewhere, there are probably 20 combinations that can get you that color calf

Flaboy...... "Now the kicker here is that the registered Red Angus bull is black. Here is another of his offspring".....

..."The registered Red Angus bull is black".....Help me with that one?

Latest posts