100_1321.jpg

This is my new angus bull that I will be using on my fullblood limis,

100_1320.jpg

100_1319.jpg

100_1316.jpg

100_1313.jpg

LimiMan":348vxwds said:
This is my new angus bull that I will be using on my fullblood limis,[/quote]

I'm curious. Why are you using an Angus bull on those beautiful red Limis?

LimiMan i like #2 the best but they all are fine critter's.What bloodline's are they if you don't mind me asking?

rattler

Frankie, We all know there is not "one" perferct breed. In my opinion the Angus and Limousin breed compliment each other very well. I love the way my Limousins grow from day one and they always produce a tremendous about of muscle. But what I hope to by using a good angus bull is, Lower birth weights, Marbling, earlier puberty,maybe help with the maternal traits some and the random black hided calf will be nice. Plus, Lim-Flex Bulls and Heifers are selling really well right now.

rattler":3gdwij0z said:
LimiMan i like #2 the best but they all are fine critter's.What bloodline's are they if you don't mind me asking?

rattler

THe big red bull is a Goldenview Kruggerand son

The younger limi bull is a Havest Olympus son

Thank you LimiMan look's like you got the bloodline to get the job done.Going for the limflex calve's well that to me is a smart move too keep up the good work.
rattler

The Angus bull came from Ronnie Glover's sale back in march, I raised the big red limi bull and the younger limi came from J&J Limousin here in Oklahoma

Fine looking bulls, looks like maybe their is a 2 year difference in the bulls... How old are they.....I really like the Krug son

Good looking bulls. The Lims I mean. The Lim-Flex seems to be the hot thing now. I will stay with the Lims, for now to keep everybody else going.

purecountry":l5i3gr28 said:
Good that you've taken it upon yourself to prove the point nortexsoook.

couldn't have said it any better myself. nortexsoook, why don't you just quit pickin' on people's animals. No one asked if these bulls were gonna sire some grand champions, they just wanted to know if they could cover all their cows.

And I think that they could cover the cows if they had enough supplementation and if the pastures aren't too big.. GOOD LUCK!

ah come on! Look what the Black Angus has been put in with. HEIFERS! hes obviously a heifer bull. plenny of places i know use angus on their first cross limis because the calves are normally always small! and having said that, for a heifer bull, that little guy isnt too bad. nice smooth bodied, smooth shoulders and still carrying some muscle in the back end, fairly deep animal and looks like he has a decent topline. actually i like the bull; especially looking at him in the photos with the heifers.

think about it people! you have to be practical.

Limiman, i think you have some beautiful bulls there. the big dark red is a magnificent animal, deep, well muscled, shows some good thickness and has a big, deep barrel; i think he will do you proud. the younger one is a different type of bull all together. hes obviously not grown out yet but hes showing some good things on his topline and butt. he's not going to be as deep as the big fella but he's still not a bad guy.

What part of Okla? They look nice, since the lim's are fullblood, what color will the offspring be, or will there be both black and red? Bought a blk lim bull last year, put with the heifers and later with the herd, after I pulled Angus bull. So far, the lim-flex has been a good, consistent cross for me, and I have been pleased with the calves that I have seen come out of him. Don't have a lot of cows, so I need a consistent crop to bring a good price. Hope you have a good calf crop.

Being a heifer bull isn't an excuse for lack of muscle. I would have stuck with the limo's, those bulls look like they have kept good condition.

Latest posts