Bull calf-Updated

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
For any of you I have shared the story on my partnership on the registered cow. This is her calf, and April 1 baby, picture was in late June. Grew like a weed after hitting the ground at 70# My guess is he weighs in the 6's but I don't know for sure. He is moderate to small framed but wide as a tank.

CowsJuly06084.jpg

Don't have recent picture, will after this weekend when I collect 205 day weight but I finally got the registration papers on him.

RHCC Stetson 600S

Nice boy. What took so long on the reg papers? We usually get ours in a couple of weeks.

Frankie":3fsipt3g said:
Nice boy. What took so long on the reg papers? We usually get ours in a couple of weeks.

I did too, just took that long for me to get it taken care of. Didnt' get my membership until about a month ago.

he's not at all flighty don't remember what was goin on exactly but I'm sure he was playin or something as I have other pictures of him runnin around with his tail in the air this was the only one of him standin still and it doesn't do him justice.

I found the date on the picture and it was about July 8. So he was rougly 3 months old, weighed around 300#.

Weighed him Saturday, at 203 days he weighed 640#

Pictures aren't the best but I was trying to get decent ones in a VERY short period of time as we were short on time this weekend.

StetsonCalvesHeifersLateOct025.jpg

StetsonHeadOn.jpg

StetsonCalvesHeifersLateOct031.jpg

sidney411":xqdpcvm8 said:
He sure looks good! Whats the plan for him?

Sure is a lot of mud you've got there, must be getting some pretty good rain.

We've been getting a bunch of good rains, should help the wheat a lot.

He's gunna be a herd bull, probably get stuck in the lot with 25-30 heifers for some rapid breeding.

Might collect a couple hundred on him for insurance. I doubt we'll ever actually sell any on him.

Heck of a nice bull! Thick, Muscle, Bone. Is this your first calf out of Legend or have you used him much? I have thought about A.I'ng everything to him next year.

If you want a good Moderate bull hard to beat Legend in my mind and seems your bull is following in that same mold.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":cmzf8mn7 said:
Being Angus, you expect to see a nice fronted, deep calf, but he also has a really nice rear quarters & good bone. Nice calf.

That was what I was thinking, when you look at that first picture when he was younger and look at his bone. I thought maybe it was an Angus X Maine cross or maybe Simmental x Angus cross.

All the Legend calves I have seen got this thickness and power to them. That is one reason many Club calf breeders use him when they want to use an Angus bull.

Latest posts