Bull banding preference

Help Support CattleToday:

Llcolt

Reaction score
I am considering whether to use the XL banding system or the Tri-Band system. Anyone with experience or opinions on either of these? Thanks.

XL bander here too. Been using it for almost 10 years. Have even had a few that needed real finesse to get into the band one nut at a time. Have never had a Problem.

Don't know which is the XL bander.. I have one that uses small green rubber rings, about 3/16" ID... Banding usually done at 3 days, a little sooner on the real lively guys, and a little later on the dummies... 100% success rate if I get both nuts in there.. I missed my first in 5 years last year.

Nesikep":1ivni5m8 said:
Don't know which is the XL bander.. I have one that uses small green rubber rings, about 3/16" ID... Banding usually done at 3 days, a little sooner on the real lively guys, and a little later on the dummies... 100% success rate if I get both nuts in there.. I missed my first in 5 years last year.

If I'm not mistaken the XL is rated up to 800 pounds I think. But I have pushed it to its limit squeezing a pair in there.

Latest posts