building a groom chute

Help Support CattleToday:

spears

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to build a grooming chute.

Do a search on it. There have been a few good posts on it in the past. I, personally, haven't built one. We usually just tie them up and clip or use our Sullivan's chute.

av smoker":6gnhekb2 said:
in the sullivans catologe they give the height an width of there shute i built one off that
Sounds like a good idea. You could get the dimensions and look over the basic plan, then nail one of your own together with wood.

cowboy13":2jfcrluf said:
jaydill":2jfcrluf said:
av smoker":2jfcrluf said:
in the sullivans catologe they give the height an width of there shute i built one off that
Sounds like a good idea. You could get the dimensions and look over the basic plan, then nail one of your own together with wood.

Ok jay, you just nail your wood chute together and tell me when you put your first calf in it and I will bring a camera because I want to see that calf go nuts in it. Sounds like a death trap waiting to happen. :D
:lol: I won't lie...that was a straight guess! If I were you, I'd just buy me a Sullivan's groom chute! Or, make friends with somebody and use theirs!

How you build it will depend on your own use. You can make one stout and HEAVY out of round or sqaure tubing just for your barn. I have done this but it is very aqward to move. You can use lighter metal and make it were it will fold down so you can take it to shows. This will obeosly be harder and take more planning.

Latest posts