Budget template

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a basic/simple cow/calf budget template? I have no problem finding ones that have ridiculous formulas that seem to have no ending.

tncattle":2xddwlcw said:
Anyone know where I can find a basic/simple cow/calf budget template? I have no problem finding ones that have ridiculous formulas that seem to have no ending.

I use a Big Chief tablet and a red crayon, as back up I use the check register in the cattle check book.
When it get's low someone has to go.

Caustic Burno":14ftsu4f said:
tncattle":14ftsu4f said:

I use a Big Chief tablet and a red crayon, as back up I use the check register in the cattle check book.
When it get's low someone has to go.

:nod:

The year starts with $20K budget. Each time a nickel is spent, it is deducted. Fertilizer, feed, meds, fuel, hydraulics, lease, tires - everything. Equipment depreciation does not figure in to the budget but it does figure in to income taxes. Most years there are a few nickels left of the budget.

I calve year round so I sell pretty much year round. Used to sell some hay too. That all goes into a different tally. It had best be above $20K at the end of the year. Sometimes it is significantly bigger. Maybe I go and buy a new cutter with the extra. Usually buy and lot of T posts, rolls of wire etc regardless. If profit is marginal, I don't buy anything.

It works for me. Kind of personal information but I truly don't mind sharing it.

I like to use a composition book for any kind of record keeping. You don't have to worry about the pages tearing out and they close themselves most of the time

Latest posts