Bud Box vs Bud Flow Tub ?

Help Support CattleToday:

frank boucher

Reaction score
I can't decide which to build?Pros and cons to both here in my situation.I'd like some of your guys in put,as I've never been around a bud box in use here,don't know of anybody using one here.Seen a few tubs at Vet's or salebarn,but no experience using one.I keep about 35 cows.Built original wood corral in 1987.Replaced alley going to headgate 3 years ago with pipe,cut off gate,palp,side exit and priefert 91 headgate,this parts good.Cows come out of holding pen from the east down 8 ft. alley into a wedge shaped crowding area,then 90 degree turn north into alley to headgate.Got to replace the wedge shaped area,some posts and boards rotting,panels been added,cows bottleneck and hang up here also so it's a bad deal.Also use this area to loadout gooseneck trailers.My pipe alleyway to headgate will be 32 feet long,so should hold 5 cows.My goal is to work cows,big weaning size calves by myself.Have good local crew with all equipment needed to build either.
Bud box-less $-easier to fashion trailer loadout and walkthru gate to working area.I've watched several videos and 12 wide by 24 foot long seems correct size for 5 cows?
Arrow equipment Bud flow tub design....More $,more difficult to make a walkthru gate over where I need it and make trailer loadout.Here's a link maybe..http://arrowquip.com/products/cattle-cr ... -flow-tub/.
I'd appreciate hearing your guys experiences and opinions and any other ideas,especially from bud box users as I'm leaning that way,and I like the low stress slow easy handling methods.
Thanks

bird dog

Reaction score
Bud boxes work well until they don't. There is always one or two stubborn animals and not an easy way to force them into the chute. I like that tub design.

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
I like the bud box still. The flow tube requires you to be in too close with the cattle and doesn't look like you can move very many at a time.

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
frank boucher":1g89yftc said:
Hey Brute, Is 12x24 about right size on 5 cows? My brother thinks it's too long and 12x20 may be better.What do you think?

That should be more than plenty in my opinion. You probably don't really need 24' of length. 10x15 or so would be more than plenty.

Latest posts