Buckles

Help Support CattleToday:

JTBullRider

Reaction score
Does anybody know who made the Saddle and Sirloin buckles at last weeks show? They were pretty awesome looking. Also, throw some vendors at me to consider for our local jackpot show. Used Yellow Hair last time and was disappointed with the quality.

I just looked at the back of the buckle it says : Wild West custom buckles and jewelry. Doesn't list a city or state.

A couple of years ago we used Gist out of California for the buckles for one of our shows.

mom

I like Gist. I think our association uses Gist for just about all the buckles, they are nice.

I have a Gist, a couple Montana Silversmiths, and one made by Superior Trophy. I like the Superior one the best, then the Gist, the the Montana Silversmiths.

Cowboy 2.0":1lyv76j5 said:
I have a Gist, a couple Montana Silversmiths, and one made by Superior Trophy. I like the Superior one the best, then the Gist, the the Montana Silversmiths.

My son has one of the Superior ones, I'm not that impressed with the workmanship on it, it's got a couple of oops on it. He has two of the Yellow Hair buckles, one is awesome and the other is not that impressive.

It may just have to do with how much was spent on each buckle. I really like the Gist buckles, I think that those are the ones that the TJLA uses. Pretty buckles.

mom

TxSimbrahShower":3ccy80ua said:
Cowboy 2.0":3ccy80ua said:

My son has one of the Superior ones, I'm not that impressed with the workmanship on it, it's got a couple of oops on it. He has two of the Yellow Hair buckles, one is awesome and the other is not that impressive.

It may just have to do with how much was spent on each buckle. I really like the Gist buckles, I think that those are the ones that the TJLA uses. Pretty buckles.

mom

The TJLA uses Gist. I like my Gist Buckle, I just like this certain Superior Buckle better than the Gist I have.

Most of the buckles I have are Gist or Montana. Dont know about Superior, I'll have to check. I tend to change buckles pretty regularly, depending on the mood i'm in, but i think I tend to favor my Gist buckles.

my Gist is one of my favorites, but i would have to say my absoulty favorite is the one that my uncle made, he is a retired belt buckle maker, so its pretty special to me

Thanks a million! I'm going to check out the Wild West folks. I have ordered from Superior before and they are GREAT to work with. I think the product you end up with depends on what the buckle budget for the show was, but they are hard to beat on price. We saw some of their buckles that were $105 each when you ordered 12 or more and they looked very good and they were a pretty heavy buckle. I really liked the buckle the Saddle and Sirloin show gave. Thanks for all the good info ya'll. :D

I've had two custom buckles made up by Gold Mountain Mining.. they do a GREAT job.. the buckles are beautiful! You can order easily via the internet too.

I have used Lone Star Silversmiths for the past three years. The quality is good and they are affordable. I have just ordered 14 buckles from them and they will have them all done in less than 30 days. If you need their number send me a PM.

Matt

Here is a web page that will give you some informmaion. I will tell you that their quality is much better that their site shows. I just had a custom buckle built for my son and from the 1st call to delivery I have to say they are top shelf. If you need further informaiton you can call them.

http://www.frontierbuckles.com/

Latest posts