Buc-ee's

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Nothing new to many of the TX members but Buc-ee's are expanding quickly in the southeast. One opened a few months ago on I-75 south of Macon GA, another under construction in Calhoun GA. 2 in Florida. One announced for Crossville TN on I-40, and one for Richmond, KY. At least a couple in the Carolinas. 53,000 sq ft inside.
Its my favorite place to stop in my travels. 120+ fuel pumps, great food, and the cleanest restrooms I have found anywhere. No big trucks. Check it out.

Nothing new to many of the TX members but Buc-ee's are expanding quickly in the southeast. One opened a few months ago on I-75 south of Macon GA, another under construction in Calhoun GA. 2 in Florida. One announced for Crossville TN on I-40, and one for Richmond, KY. At least a couple in the Carolinas. 53,000 sq ft inside.
Its my favorite place to stop in my travels. 120+ fuel pumps, great food, and the cleanest restrooms I have found anywhere. No big trucks. Check it out.
Ole boy started out of Lake Jackson with one small store.
He put together a business model that was a huge success. He pays employees well and it shows in service.

Ole boy started out of Lake Jackson with one small store.
He put together a business model that was a huge success. He pays employees well and it shows in service.
That is how Pilot Flying J started out. One gas station in the Tri-Cities in Tennessee. The last I checked they were one of the largest Petroleum distributorss in the US.

The original one is still there. Stopped in last summer when we stayed at Surfside for the week. The one in Katy carries ethanol free gas. I think they have expanded that to more locations. May be at all of them by now.

Fair enough...so is the little four pump outfit I buy from.
Traveling I use them because I know they are American owned. I prefer the local American owned here myself.
A lot of these stations are foreign owned, I don't trade with them.
I know gasoline is a fungible product, I don't buy from companies that are foreign owned and there is a bunch of them.

I love that place!!
Wife isnt a big shopper when theres a crowd so that's not an issue for me. I like to graze a bit when we are there tho. Definitely need one in oklahoma!

Traveling I use them because I know they are American owned. I prefer the local American owned here myself.
A lot of these stations are foreign owned, I don't trade with them.
I know gasoline is a fungible product, I don't buy from companies that are foreign owned and there is a bunch of them.
I wonder if any of the crap bucees sells comes from china???

I'm sure some of it does. But the sliced brisket i doubt does.
I feel I keeping my money closer to home. Shell is owned by the Dutch, Castrol,Arco owned by the Brits, Citgo the Venezuelan, Fina the French.
I have no clue where Bucees buy their fuel. I do know the company owned stores generate huge profits.

I feel I keeping my money closer to home. Shell is owned by the Dutch, Castrol,Arco owned by the Brits, Citgo the Venezuelan, Fina the French.
I have no clue where Bucees buy their fuel. I do know the company owned stores generate huge profits.
I only stop once a month at the new one in GA but 3am or 3pm the employees are always nice. That goes a long way with me. Plus its usually the cheapest fuel I can find.

I stop at Buc-ees from time to time while traveling but definitely wouldn't be my first choice for day to day fuel. Too busy and big for me. CEFCO is taking over around here. Nice stores and not too big.

"Responsibility for keeping the Buc-ees locations well supplied with gasoline and diesel falls on RB Stewart Petroleum Products Inc in Angleton, Texas. With its 11-transport fleet, the petroleum marketer and hauler moves most of the fuel sold through the Buc-ees stores.

"We are the house trucking company for Buc-ees and have been since 1998," says Pete Petrosky Jr, RB Stewart owner. "Buc-ees accounts for the overwhelming majority of the 100-million-plus gallons of refined fuels we haul annually. We handle most of the fuel shipments with our own fleet, but we also work with three common carriers that supply Buc-ees stores beyond our regular operating area.

RB Stewart got its start more than 30 years ago as a Texaco jobber, and it continues to handle branded some branded product. "We're no longer a Texaco marketer, but we distribute for Phillips 66, Valero, Citgo, shell, Chevron, and Exxon," Petroskysays. "However, unbranded product now accounts for a higher percent of the fuel we transport."

While most deliveries are outside the Houston city limits, Houston traffic congestion does impact RB Stewart's operations. "Most of the loading racks we pull from are in the Pasadena and Deer Park (Houston suburbs) areas, and a majority of our deliveries are within 50 miles of the racks,"

I like Buc-ee's because it is clean, started in Texas, Aggie owned, it's clean and the employees are nice and friendly. They pay very well, too, so they can hire the very best employees who see the value in keeping the store and restrooms clean. They offer scholarships to employees for college and provide good leadership training. Did I mention it is clean?

I've been known to go to the Temple location to shop for Christmas presents, too.

First stopped at Buc-ees in Texas, Now we have 1 in Georgia and I have stopped at it. Both clean and nice with great brisket sandwiches. I did Christmas shop there too. Just wish they had a parking spot for trucks with campers>

Latest posts