BT Crossover 758N????

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus In Texas

Reaction score
I am setting up a cow to flush in two weeks and would like to use Crossover. However, I did not know that he is currently not at stud and therefore there isn't a single straw available anywhere in America, including from his owner. Does anyone out there have 5 or 6 straws they'd be will to sell. I am needing the semen in my tank by July 30th. Thanks

is that the crossover from is it abs or genex stud book? i have i think it is 3 straws. im in oregon cindy jones

What happend to him? I heard he was out of production but never heard a reason. Sure is hot to be tryin to get cows bred

I'm not breeding her I am setting her up to flush.

Larry Rice told me that the bull got too fat in stud and wasn't producing like he should have so they sent him out to pasture for a while to get him back in shape. He will be back in stud full force in the fall. He also told me that if he had 7,000 straws in his tank right now he could sell every one of them. So if you are needing some for an upcoming breeding season in the fall you might have to wait a while to get it. Buy extra when you do. Right now folks told me they could sell it for around $100 a straw if they had it. $40 retail means not bad return on investment......I wish I had bought more than 4 straws in the fall.

AIT,

With the bull being on the front page of the Origen catalog and there not being any semen to sell something smells fishy.. That coupled with his SC Epd dropping from 0 to -0.3 something smells really fishy. I would pick a different bull for your flush too many questions left to be answered there.

jscunn,

I am going to end up using a different bull, but Larry Rice is the guy that owns the bull and he told me what was going on.... I trust that he was being honest with me.

Now I am torn as to which bull to use though.

AIT,
Why dont you give us a list of bulls you are comfortable with and we will tell you our opinions. Kinda of a flush by commitee . :)

Big Eye would be my choice! He's on my short list of "one of the greats"! Look for him to pick up some major steam. I had several super nice calves by him from some not so nice cows.

Sizmic

Cant comment on the other two bulls other than watch the white on Total. I have seen some really nice, moderate Retail Product yearlings although I have never seen daughters in production. Good luck and keep us informed..

Retail Product would be the only one of the three I would consider. The RP's were the best sire class at Gardiner this April.

Well we flushed her to Total. Got 4 embryos frozen. She gave 15 but the rest were degenerate or not fertilized. Her reg number is 15546131.

Angus In Texas":8ylbypr4 said:
Well we flushed her to Total. Got 4 embryos frozen. She gave 15 but the rest were degenerate or not fertilized. Her reg number is 15546131.

AIT- Your cow DRMCTR 1I2 Rita 6217 has a very acceptable pedigree, even though she indicates she will be a pretty large mature cow, with EPD's of YW +101, but her BW is very good at +2.7 and WW +54. Her Milk EPD is fine at +21!

You said you bred her to Total. Which "Total"? I have attempted to make an assumption on the current bulls with Total in their name, and by a process of elimination have come up with "Total 6024". Is he the one? I would hope so, for he is a beautiful combination insofar as EPD's are concerned for your Rita cow. D H D Traveler 6807 appears three times, and G A R Precision 2536 blended in to add carcass values!

Please let us know - Which TOTAL?

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts