BST

Help Support CattleToday:

Avalon

Reaction score
Nope we are not dairy folks... But we have a cow that does not milk well. I have been told that giving them BST will boost milk production.. Is this correct? If so is it a one time thing?, every year?
Thanks for any replies

Avalon":2lvoz4z7 said:
Nope we are not dairy folks... But we have a cow that does not milk well. I have been told that giving them BST will boost milk production.. Is this correct? If so is it a one time thing?, every year?
Thanks for any replies

Avalon it will give you about a 10% boost in milk production and is injected every 14 days if memory serves me right. However, in order to get this production you also have to feed more but if you're a commercial dairy operation it usually is cost effective. If it's just for home use I don't think it would worth the time and money involved.

i would not shoot a beef cow with BST.because her feed intake will need to go up bigtime.from what i remember they get the shots every 10 to 14 days.cows on BST need to consume 60 to 70lbs a day of dry matter feedstuffs.

Sounds like this matter is resolved. The calf on the side of the cow is one heck of an AI calf. She should make my niece a great show heifer but surely not worth all that. It would be easier to borrown the neighbors nurse cow. Thanks for the replies.

youd be starter to buy/borrow a nurse cow for her.but i wouldnt do that.id just creep feed the calf insted.

Latest posts