Brown BLW Legend

Help Support CattleToday:

Willow Springs

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with daughters from this Red Angus bull? We sampled him very lightly, kept a couple daughters and really like them. We found them moderate - probably bordering on small frame, but with a lot of top and middle to them so they weighed up well. They are very easy to be around, have excellent quality udders/teats and so far the feet look like they will hold up. They just weaned their first calves and did a nice job there as well and bred back to their AI service. So basically everything I want in a cow, and thinking about going back and using him heavily this summer. So as I said, just wondering if anyone else has tried him?

Willow Springs said:
Anyone have any experience with daughters from this Red Angus bull? We sampled him very lightly, kept a couple daughters and really like them. We found them moderate - probably bordering on small frame, but with a lot of top and middle to them so they weighed up well. They are very easy to be around, have excellent quality udders/teats and so far the feet look like they will hold up. They just weaned their first calves and did a nice job there as well and bred back to their AI service. So basically everything I want in a cow, and thinking about going back and using him heavily this summer. So as I said, just wondering if anyone else has tried him?
I bought a group of heifers that had been AIed to Brown Redemption several years ago. I saved 7 heifers from these calves and have been very pleased with them (although 1 has some pretty bad udders). Very fertile and good mothers. I think Redemption and Legend have similar blood lines

Not that close - GS of Legend is sire of Redemption, and that is about it. Actually there are pictures of Redemptions dam and a daughter on the Genex site. The daughter has a terrible udder and the mother looks like she would have the same unbalanced udder if she was in milk. One of the reasons I avoided Redemption and also don't like Mission Statement.

They are good cows, but they are small - Legend really knocked frame score down here. So as long as you don't mind smaller cows I think he is an excellent choice to make some productive, trouble free cows.
Thanks. I have some in the tank.

I thought he was over 6 frame so the cows would be "big".

No, his yearling FS was 4.5 and Epic himself was only 5. I did see Epic in the flesh and quite liked him. The Legend daughters here were definitely smaller than the average, especially compared against the size of their dams.

Latest posts