Briers

Help Support CattleToday:

warden

Reaction score
What is the best for totally killing briers ? Got to clean up a farm and there is briers everwhere. Thanks for your help.

We use Remedy, the problem is that's it's not a one year deal. Takes a minimum of 2 it seems. Supposedly if you spray them when they're in bloom that is most effective. I spray whenever I get the chance then hit them again the following year. That's worked well for us so far.

dun

I sprayed round up yesterday will wait and see what happens i just want good clean fences.

Take Dun's advice.

I sprayed some of mine with Round up and most with Remedy. There is no comparison between the kill you will get with remedy.
And it won't kill your grass (except for clover and other broadleafs) like roundup will.
I had never heard of Remedy until Dun mentioned it on here.
It isn't cheap, $99.00 a gallon but it works.
Dan

dun":3lhsjm9x said:
We use Remedy, the problem is that's it's not a one year deal. Takes a minimum of 2 it seems. Supposedly if you spray them when they're in bloom that is most effective. I spray whenever I get the chance then hit them again the following year. That's worked well for us so far.

dun

Do you use Remedy in water as a leaf spray, or with oil on the stem? Also what ratio do you use?

KenB":3t2ztieb said:
Do you use Remedy in water as a leaf spray, or with oil on the stem? Also what ratio do you use?

For foliar (leave spray) tank mix I use 2 qts per acre for briars, that's the only thing I tank mmix for. For spot spraying, foliar 4 oz per gallon of water, basal (tem/trunk spray) I use 8 oz per gallon of diesel.
As was said in another post, it's pricey. But the results are well worth it.

dun

dun":252mom2g said:
KenB":252mom2g said:

For foliar (leave spray) tank mix I use 2 qts per acre for briars, that's the only thing I tank mmix for. For spot spraying, foliar 4 oz per gallon of water, basal (tem/trunk spray) I use 8 oz per gallon of diesel.

dun

dun,
Which did you find worked best on briars foliar or basal?
I have saw briars here.

KenB":20ceifxq said:
dun":20ceifxq said:
KenB":20ceifxq said:

dun

dun,
Which did you find worked best on briars foliar or basal?
I have saw briars here.

Never tried basal on them, they're too dense to get into the bases. On saw briers I've alwasy used foliar. Checked a field yesterday and all that's left are big orange dead lumps. Don;t be temptede to use diesel for foliar. All that does is burn the leaves off and I think make the plants mad cause they seem to come back with a vengence.

dun