Breeding Question.

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirlxupx1034

Reaction score
I feel really embaressed by posting so many question posts, but I need to know. :oops: I'm looking into bulls to breed to my heifer when I get her. I'm hoping to either breed her to either Heat Wave, Rocky Balboa or Golden Child. I really like Golden Child but I've heard that his calves BW's are high, do you know anything about his calve's BWs and how the heifers/cows deal with them? I'm really confused. :?

I think Heatwave would ruin your heifer too. If she's a heifer just go easy on her the first time. It looks like rocky balboa is a calving ease bull. Just make sure you'll get a live calf and you should be good. She's got a full life ahead of her, if she tears something up and can't get rebred then all she'll amount to is hamburger.

Below is the link for lautner. They own all the bulls you asked about and give descriptions. Looks like Rocky Balboa is the true calving ease bull among the three you mentioned. Add to the mix that he is TH & PHA Free. You may also be interested in the bull "Whos got the Heat". We just picked one up that we are reselling. I really like the little booger. :cowboy:
http://www.lautnerfarms.com/bulls.html

You deffiantly need to breed her to a calving ease bull, Like Dirty Hairy, Who made Who, Rocky baloboa, Tyson, Hard core, Majors money man, and Tlm bouncer. And then for her second calf you can breed her to what you want,

Yeah try and find Ali semen. it is going for 200 a straw, and he was put down this past weekend

Thanks for you help =] I think I'm going to breed her to Rocky Balboa. Another Question, whats a good looking shorty bull becuase I'm getting an angusx and a shorty heifer too.

This past weekend since he wasn't producing semen any more(the reason he is 200$ a straw) they decided to put him down, and another reason was since they had a clone coming the weren't to worried. he has been past $100 for the past month or more. So if you have some DON'T sell it for cheap, because you won't be abel to get much more. I really don't see any reason to be spending that much on Ali semen. use one of his sons, or an angus bull.

Latest posts