Breeding angus show heifer.

Help Support CattleToday:

stephE

Reaction score
I have a really fancy pure blood black angus show heifer and I was just wondering which angus bull would you recomend to breed her to, for fancy show calves like herself? I have thought about Integrity and Junau(not sure on spelling.) Thank you for any suggestions.

stephE":21p0oqhs said:
I have a really fancy pure blood black angus show heifer and I was just wondering which angus bull would you recomend to breed her to, for fancy show calves like herself? I have thought about Integrity and Junau(not sure on spelling.) Thank you for any suggestions.

you might want to stick to the show lines. Integrity probably doesnt qualify.

What about that big frame 10 monster that won at Denver last year? I heard he was stout and packed with muscle.

stephE":3vrjunqb said:

Have you looked at G 13 Structure? He was a big winning bull and sired several big winners. Northern Improvement is a proven heifer bull. And you might want to visit the breeders world forum. It's mostly dedicated to the show ring. Someone there will have suggestions.

Link:
http://www.breedersworld.com/phorum/list.php?f=2

Depends on her breeding really. Saugahatchee sire alot of show ring cattle. G13 Structure would be good also since at least he also has some functionally sound traits. I have seen some fancy Integrity calves that would probably show. I would use a bull that will leave you progeny that will also help your herd or someone elses.

Latest posts