Breed Name?

Help Support CattleToday:

duck25

Reaction score
My family owns a wheat farm in Kansas and I am stuck in Arizona with a little over an acre of irrigated pasture. My farming blood runs through me so, I am going to buy a cow to raise and slaughter for my family in here in Arizona. Let me preface this with I know nothing about cattle. I want to get a herford/angus cross, but am having a hard time finding one in Arizona from a private farm. I talked to cattle buyer today and he said he has black faced cows and white faced cows from the sale barn.

I know this may be a stupid question, but I have not been able to find the answer. Is a black faced cow an Angus and a white faced cow a herford/angus cross? Should I wait until I find one from a private farm?

Thanks
matt

angus-hereford X are called black baldies where I am from.
black face or all black can be black angus but there are several breeds that have all black cattle.

you need to ask specifically for Angus x Hereford cattle if thats what you want. black white face can mean any number of breed compostions nowadays. black white face cattle are commonly referred to as black baldies. it used to mean AngusxHereford but now people tend to call anything with that coloration a black baldy or simply a baldy. There are Black Angus and Red Angus. all herefords have a white face. lots of breeds come in black and some breeds beside herefords have white on their faces. so if you want AngusxHereford ask for AngusxHereford. Being new to cattle if you ask for some "baldies" you may or may not get AngusxHereford cattle.

Latest posts