bred cow question

Help Support CattleToday:

trappersteve

Reaction score
Have a first calf heifer and a cow that should be 3 weeks bred, just wondering what kind of vaccinations I can give and wormer I can use (I use cydectin pour on) . Should I not use these or wait until a little later ? I use alpha 7 and bovisheild. Will they be ok to use on needs?

Read the label. It will tell you if they are safe to use. Also try to use an injectable wormer if possible. You will have much better results.

Trapper, if you are going to use the Bovi-Shield Gold FP (fetal protection), then have the heifer and cow been previoulsly exposed to the MLV vaccine? Read this:

Vaccine can be administered to pregnant cows ONLY if they were vaccinated, according to label instructions, with Bovi-Shield FP® line or Bovi-Shield Gold® FP® line prior to breeding initially and within 12 months after. Also, safe for calves nursing pregnant cows ONLY if their dams were vaccinated prior to breeding as described above.

Inyati,
Sorry I gave you the wrong info. I gave them virashield and alpha 7 when I got them. I looked on the bottle and the virashield is a killed virus but the alpha 7does not say :help: .

Latest posts