branvieh

Help Support CattleToday:

trin

Reaction score
does anybody have any braunvieh cows or bulls that they use in there herd and how do you like them. if you have any pictures would love to see them

trin":3drlg9an said:
does anybody have any braunvieh cows or bulls that they use in there herd and how do you like them. if you have any pictures would love to see them
In the Green Index pane to the left of the Cattle Today website click on "Associations" then scroll down to "Braunvieh" and click on the Association Name and Address. This will bring up all the info you need. With pictures.

DOC HARRIS

On the front page of Cattle Today there is an article about a man who raises braunvieh cattle. Hope this helps!!!!

Here is a webpage of an operation at Adair OK. They raise a bunch of Braunvieh. They raise lots of club calves also. They have bunch of pictures and update often. You can see Braunvieh full bloods and some crossed with everything lots of club bulls also used on there cows.

They always have lots of pictures to surf around and see some interesting cattle.

http://www.thornecattle.com/club_calves.htm#00734

We used some Polled Plus semen that we bought from Golden Link in Nebraska. The calves were all born unassisted out of 3 year old or older females. Overall we really liked the calves...grew well and were very stout and muscular. We may use more of him next year.

My impression of the Thorne operation is that they are very showring oriented. If you are considering showing them and are less concerned with performance I would consider them. Their website used to have a daily diary written by Mrs. Thorne that gave some good insight into their operation, selection criteria, culling criteria, etc.

A couple operations that I am familiar with that are more commercially oriented are Golden Link (mentioned above) and Brinks in Kansas, though they do show some as well.

Latest posts