Branguscowgirl.

Help Support CattleToday:

The major show season is just getting rolling, maybe she is busy showing some of her beautiful cattle????

I had been missing her, but I noticed she commented on something the other day. It interesting how some that are so regular will all of a sudden drift away.

I talked to her the other day.
She has been busy and may be getting ready for Red Bluff.

Cross-7":3k43srks said:
I talked to her the other day.
She has been busy and may be getting ready for Red Bluff.

Actually Red Bluff would have just got over this last weekend so if she took something there she would have been busy.

I am right here, so you all just quit talkin about me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
25e6f807-d16c-4e07-bd47-5f91816951de_zpsdyf9lapx.jpg

I really do appreciate that you all noticed that I was not around. And I miss everyone! I have been real busy the past couple of months. But my biggest reason/frustration for not being around is my slow internet connection with my I-pad. It is really difficult to post anything. So tonight I turned to my laptop to put up some pictures and fill you in on all of my business. 8)
I copied and pasted for 2 hours. Then poof! I lost it all!! :bang: Here I am back to square one and it is 12:35 AM!

Any way, I have lots to fill you in on. Will try again tomorrow.

And Dave, Red Bluff is this week. Bulls went in yesterday. Sell next Saturday. So you still have time to get here!! :D

Fenceman I didn't "run off and get married," so how do you like California? :)

Ok I will try and catch ya up on what I have been up to. (Cattle wise.) :D
The Shasta Bull sale was in November. I did not take any bulls of my own, but a fellow breeder sold a couple of young bulls that I had bred and raised their sire. (He sold in Red Bluff a couple of years ago.) I was very pleased with how they turned out and they sold well. It is always nice to see what your breeding program can do in other folks herd. (If that makes any sense.)
Any way, fun times with my (Brangus) "partners in crime," as evidenced by these pics. :D I am sorry they are so big, but taking time to resize them on photo bucket is what caused me so much grief last night and I lost the whole post.........
347_zpsgr45x19p.jpeg

352_zpsxqfoby0p.jpeg

Most of you already know that I am 100% AI here. (I raise bulls, not buy them.......)Well that all changed. :)
I partnered on a herd sire this year and am very pleased with our purchase. He came from a fellow West Coast Brangus Breeder that has used him in her herd for the past 2 years. His calves were beating me in the show ring, so I figured if you cant beat um then buy their sire! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually the breeder is moving her ranch out of state, so we went to look at her 2 yr old bulls for sale. There were some nice young bulls to pick from. However, we wanted her 4 yr. old. We could see what he has produced, we know his disposition, and could also see that he was sound. If I had to fault him, it would be the excess leather under his chin. But crossing with my cows may clean some of that up in the calves.
Here he is in the sale catalog as a 2 year old. He was purchased at the "Brangus World Series 2013." His sire is CRC Guardian 9U8U5 (who is known as the $65,000. sire.) He was bred by Westall Ranches (Brinks Brangus).
20160110_112115_zpsqzyxvpfh.jpg

Here is a recent pic of him in his winter working clothes. He most likely will put on a couple hundred pounds this spring when the grass comes in. His calves have been early maturing and easy fleshing. He should also bring down the frame size some in my big girls.
2016-01-11%2022.25.24_zps9bjlo3cp.jpg

20160110_103802_zpsrqnp66dv.jpg

As mentioned, the Red Bluff Bull sale is this week. I have no bulls going this year. In fact there are no Brangus bulls entered at all. It is kind of sad that Brangus will not be represented......but all of the breeders here have sold every thing right off the ranch or are taking them to the Marana sale in Feb.. We will all be there however. Our WCBBA meeting will be held there on Thursday, and most of us will participate in the various seminars and dinners. More fun times! :banana:

Hope that I did not bore ya too much! Thank you all for thinking of me! :D

branguscowgirl":3p3nubc5 said:
And Dave, Red Bluff is this week. Bulls went in yesterday. Sell next Saturday. So you still have time to get here!! :D :)

I remember looking it up last week and thinking that I couldn't go. I guess that was because I am busy this coming weekend. I haven't been to Red Bluff in about 40 years. I need to put it on my schedule. It is a great time even if one doesn't need a bull or a horse or a dog.

Latest posts