brands

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I bought my quarter horse gelding in "02" when he was 12. He has 2 brands a WX the X is on top of the W and a milliron P. He came from western South Dakota. I know about the WX but would like some information about the milliron P. Tex is black with a white diamond on his forehead. He knows cattle and is a great trail horse. If you know anything about these brands or the horse please let me know.
Thanks,
phil

You might check with your library and see if you can interlibrary loan a brand book from that state. Or purchase one from their extension office.

And, if that doesn't work, consider doing the same in Montana. The horse may have come from any surrounding state.

Thanks Linda
This horse is very special to me. I really would like to know all I can about him. I did find out he is a grandson of Dry Doc and his sire is Dries Buddy boy.
I will try your suggestion.
Gretchen (Mrs. Phil)

philip burandt":369hd81d said:
He has 2 brands a WX the X is on top of the W and a milliron P. He came from western South Dakota. phil

Have you tried contacting a brand inspector in South Dakota? I know that Wyoming brand inspectors have a book that contains every registered brand in the state, and I think that is true for most - if not all - states. You might also be able to look it up by googling 'State brand registry + South Dakota'. Best of luck to you!

Montana has the same type of book.
Look up Brand Inspection in Montana. The main office is in Helena (406)444-2045 that is the number I have for them.

Hi cowboyup 216
Thanks for the information. I will email millironfarm right away.
Tex is a super horse and I would like to tell the person who trained him thanks and let them know good he is doing.
thanks again
gremlin :cboy:

Latest posts