Brahma/charlious/limousin cross?

Help Support CattleToday:

farmboy80

Reaction score
Wanting to know if any one has had or tried this cross? If so, what did they look like? I've seen one but I'm guessing there's something else in the mix. Based on looks. Shes grayish Brown with a white blaze face like a simatal.
Anyone been there done that?

Brahman and Charolais are the two slowest maturing breeds. Makes more sense using either of them with an early maturing breed like Angus or Maine Anjou. It will also reduce your frame. Charolais and Brahman together is a BIG cow.

I've had a handfull of Char/Sim bull X Beefmaster cows for the last few years. BM are 1/2 Brahman.
Had a few calving problems when they were heifers, but I've liked the calves since.
I wouldn't want to add Limo to the mix here.

Caustic Burno":13s4hesn said:
I like a Charbray you have to remember that the foundation cattle for Char are Brahman.
Where do you dream up this stuff?

Seems you think a 3 fish walked out of the sea... 1 walked into the forest, 2 crawled up a tree... one flew away,
the other came down a monkey and the 3rd came out of the forest as a Brahma... the foundation of all life.

Charolais are Bos Taurus
Brahma are Bos indicus
American Brahman are 4 breed crossbreds made up of Gir, Gujarat, Krishna and Ongole

ALACOWMAN":2kyxj41h said:
Was that from a breeding up program ?
What was what and who are you addressing?
IF to CB... I'll try answer for him... no such thing as Brahma breed up... when perfection has been achieved
(aka Brahma) you've reached the pinnacle.

American Brahmans... the first beef breed developed in America

American Brahman registry founded 1924 to maintain parentage and ownership records of American Brahman cattle.
The original nucleus were 266 bulls and 22 females imported into the USA between 1854 - 1926 consisting of
4 Bos Indicus types.... Gir, Gujarat, Krisna Valley and Ongole

Son of Butch":16qk63nq said:
Caustic Burno":16qk63nq said:
I like a Charbray you have to remember that the foundation cattle for Char are Brahman.

Seems you think a 3 fish walked out of the sea... 1 walked into the forest, 2 crawled up a tree... one flew away,
the other came down a monkey and the 3rd came out of the forest as a Brahma... the foundation of all life.

Charolais are Bos Taurus
Brahma are Bos indicus
American Brahman are 4 breed crossbreds made up of Gir, Gujarat, Krishna and Ongole

Pull your head out your ass and go check out the Char association
read about the 40's and 50's cause you clearly don't know about the breed.

http://charolaisusa.com/members/history.html

Son of Butch":23p84me1 said:
ALACOWMAN":23p84me1 said:
IF to CB... I'll try answer for him... no such thing as Brahma breed up... when perfection has been achieved
. I was addressing him..and they were bred up ...

ALACOWMAN":1f2bfi3l said:
Son of Butch":1f2bfi3l said:
ALACOWMAN":1f2bfi3l said:
. I was addressing him..and they were bred up ...

Brahman and Char both were bred up
Not real sure what all old Shanghi Pierce put in Brahman.
The Chars were bred up as well as it was illegal to bring them in the country back in the 40's and 50's.

Caustic Burno":1gr2eecr said:
Son of Butch":1gr2eecr said:
Caustic Burno":1gr2eecr said:

Charolais are Bos Taurus
Brahma are Bos Indicus

Pull your head out your be nice and go check out the Char association
read about the 40's and 50's cause you clearly don't know about the breed.

http://charolaisusa.com/members/history.html
WOW... American Charolais are only 31/32 charolais
With 3.125% or less made up of Other Breeds... Some of which were American Brahman... which were developed
by crossing 4 different breeds... Gir, Gujarat, Krishna and Ongole.

I stand corrected the true Foundation of American Charolais are clearly BRAHMAN... :lol:

They weren't originally 31/32 Ding dong they were still bred up from Brahman and Char cattle. The foundation herd for the American Char association contained Brahman cattle.

Brute 23":3fi3g2xz said:
Caustic Burno":3fi3g2xz said:
Ding dong they were still bred up from Brahman and Char cattle. The foundation herd for the American Char association contained Brahman cattle.

Do the feedlots know that? They could have been docking Char cattle all this time and they didn't even know it.

Anyone that knows their history does.

Latest posts