BP thoughts on the future fossil fuel

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/bp-says-era-oil-demand-230100653.html

If this comes true then there could be a lot of job losses.

The roads are full of vehicles burning fossil fuels, but battery power is getting better.

hurleyjd said:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/bp-says-era-oil-demand-230100653.html

If this comes true then there could be a lot of job losses.

All the more reason to fast-track renewable energy. Get those new jobs up and going.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Battery powered airliners should be a real hoot!

BP is a joke when it comes to refining!
This is the deep water Horizon bunch.
They can find oil anywhere, they have no clue what to do with it.They mismanaged all of the Amoco refineries, all but one are sold. The TC refinery is the most complex refinery in the country BP couldn't begin to grasp how to operate it. That's why Marathon has it today all the heritage boys left.
I am heritage Amoco and BP's management scared me so much I retired and was management. Amoco were refining genius along with Exxon.
Amoco's downfall was production they couldn't find oil if X marked the spot.
That's why they got swallowed in 80's oil bust in a takeover.

Brute 23 said:
Why were my other posts deleted on this thread? I didn't think I broke any rules.

I didn't delete them and I don't know of a reboot. I went back in the logs five days no notes on deleted threads. Might inquire with Macon.

TexasBred said:
jltrent said:
The roads are full of vehicles burning fossil fuels, but battery power is getting better.

Are those batteries still made of plastic??
Lithium, nickel and cobalt are the key metals used to make batteries and I would assume they have plastic around them if that is the question.

jltrent said:
TexasBred said:
jltrent said:

Are those batteries still made of plastic??
Lithium, nickel and cobalt are the key metals used to make batteries and I would assume they have plastic around them if that is the question.

Look at the fuel consumed mining the material and refining it to a usable commodity.

US gasoline use rate is running about 10% behind last years. Some of these work from homes folks, and some restaurant employees, are never going back. But there are plenty of people in the 3rd world who would just love to buy a scooter or a motorcycle.

Coal is in a death spiral. I think natural gas has a good chance of growth if we can export it.

Stocker Steve said:
US gasoline use rate is running about 10% behind last years. Some of these work from homes folks, and some restaurant employees, are never going back. But there are plenty of people in the 3rd world who would just love to buy a scooter or a motorcycle.

Coal is in a death spiral. I think natural gas has a good chance of growth if we can export it.

Depending on how quickly battery technology advances and prices decline, we might see fossil fuels get leapfrogged by electric vehicles in some third world countries, similar to how cell phones became ubiquitous in areas where a lot of people had never even had a landline. The infrastructure required for cell phones is cheaper for people in remote areas where running cable wasn't practical. Likewise, the infrastructure to power electric vehicles is going to be more economical than shipping fuel to a lot of places. It's already happening in parts of Alaska.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-rural-alaska-can-teach-the-world-about-renewable-energy/

considering a fair bit of electrical energy comes from fossil fuels, I don't see the decline in use happening too soon.. people just get to feel good because their car has no tailpipe but ignore the gigantic ones at the coal/oil burner plants

when less oil is used the price drops and the usage goes back up. It the price falls enough usage would explode. OPEC can pump all the we way down under $20 profitably but not bp

Shell is restructuring for the renewable energy market. Also Exon has been doing research for years on somthing that would produce energy.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-shell-launches-major-cost-053556068.html

Mod2 said:
Brute 23 said:
Why were my other posts deleted on this thread? I didn't think I broke any rules.

I didn't delete them and I don't know of a reboot. I went back in the logs five days no notes on deleted threads. Might inquire with Macon.

Thanks for the reply. No biggie. Just wanted to make sure if I broke a rule I know so I dont spend all that time typing stuff out and it get deleted. :)