Boys got a hair cut.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Saturday is the steer weigh in, and thought I would get a little shag of their heads to make them look a little better. :lol2:
Was very surprised how well they acted in the chute, and even let me run the blower, and clippers on them without problems.
8454550370_2833bca491_c.jpg

Sure have grown since Dec. 29
8315454626_3bcb6c9b94_c.jpg

How do you like my high class hay ring? :lol2:

Sim,
looks like you been feedin those boys good. They sure have grown since that last pic was taken. Now what are you gonna do about all the mud on em?? :lol2:
I guess I am a bit jealous, becuz we dont have any mud around here.

It's funny how mud can be a blessing, and a curse. :lol:
but it's stays off of them pretty good because I keep the hog house cleaned out, and dry inside.

They look good. Shall we guess weights? Hard to tell without side shot, but I would say 700 to 800 pounds??? You will have to let us know how it goes. We had our steer weigh in last weekend, my daughter's steer was 780, spot on for a July finish date...

The one with the halter on the left will break 800 maybe into the 900 range might be to big for the July 25 main gig, but the early shows will be his bloom. The other one will be lighter, he's 1 month younger and about 2 weeks behind on feed, probably middle 700 range. So he will probably be set for end of july. Won't know till we get there, and in the 15 some odd years of feeding show calves never had a simple year. :tiphat:

There is no max or min weight, but they have to avg so much above some ADG for state fair, but I don't worry about state fair but the county still has us weigh them. But you don't want the weight to high, or they will look over finished. and too large frame. Best weight usually around 1250 (or the medium weight class), with right amount of fat, will usually be the winners around here. So that's why i'm worried about the bigger one getting over that target area.

Latest posts