Box Blind Size

Help Support CattleToday:

SteppedInIt

Reaction score
I need to build a box blind, for two grown people and also a small child that may go from time to time. What size would you recommend? 4x6, 4x8 or ? I was actually thinking of a 5x?. I don't want it too big, but want to be comfortable.

This blind will be mostly for bringing kids and the wife. So nothing serious and probably not long outings.

SteppedInIt":2gfifpbb said:
This blind will be mostly for bringing kids and the wife. So nothing serious and probably not long outings.

On the ground, or elevated?

SteppedInIt":k06thyuh said:
All the more reason for additional room

I'm not going to elevate this blind. I am thinking about building it on skids so I can easily move it if necessary. This is more of a "backyard" blind if you know what I mean.

Caustic Burno":2oifztkj said:
4x8 is minimum to sit comfortable for long periods. Of coarse it needs to be well stocked and have a quality recliner swivel chairs as well.
A heater and air conditioning would be a plus too. Maybe internet and TV also.

dun":1seer64s said:
Caustic Burno":1seer64s said:
4x8 is minimum to sit comfortable for long periods. Of coarse it needs to be well stocked and have a quality recliner swivel chairs as well.
A heater and air conditioning would be a plus too. Maybe internet and TV also.

I have the heater and internet in mine
I don't much care if kids, grandkids or outlaws get cold they can supple their own.

SteppedInIt":z2w9u8p8 said:
I'm not going to elevate this blind. I am thinking about building it on skids so I can easily move it if necessary. This is more of a "backyard" blind if you know what I mean.

Have two 4x8's on skids use a 2x4 as a jack system to level them.

I have 4x4 and 4x6 but will make 4x8's from now on so I can get in there early stretch out and take a nap before light. I am thinking of building a 5x10 on a utility trailer so I can just hook to it and move from one field to the next with the ranger.

Plastic water tank is my favorite ground blind. Usually range from free to cheaper than materials to build one.

Bigfoot":1v1zeeq5 said:
Plastic water tank is my favorite ground blind. Usually range from free to cheaper than materials to build one.

I have a ton of free totes.. problem is they all had mulch die in them and that crap never comes completely out and stains easily..

Because of the lay of the land mine are all elevated from 8-14 foot. Only one has a door and windows.

skyhightree1":3v0bp14n said:
Bigfoot":3v0bp14n said:

I have a ton of free totes.. problem is they all had mulch die in them and that crap never comes completely out and stains easily..
We've seen pics of you Sky.
Ain't no way you're going to fit in a dang tote and you know it.

greybeard":2ipizvuk said:
skyhightree1":2ipizvuk said:
Bigfoot":2ipizvuk said:

We've seen pics of you Sky.
Ain't no way you're going to fit in a dang tote and you know it.

Yes sir you are right... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not even on my best day :clap: