Bovine Ecolizer+C20

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_jenna

Reaction score
Ok, so we give the Bovine Ecolizer+C20 to calves at birth. Its Clostridium perfringens Type C and K99 E. coli antibodies to provide scour protection for newborn calves. Well, guess its not available this spring. So does anyone know of who does have it or an alternative. Thanks for any ideas.
Jenna

Why not just give oral Rota corona vaccine to your calves at birth? That is what I use. I do not know the difference between that and what your are looking for. So I guess that you would have to compare the two.

I have used antibodies for e. Coli and clostridium c. They only give about 3 weeks protection but work pretty quickly and seemed to help. The ecoli was bo bac 2x and the clos. was by colorado vaccines I think. Dont know if you'll be able to find the clos. i know their was a shortage for awhile.

I haven't seen an E.coli K99 isolated from a calf with scours in YEARS. Other types have become much more common, at least in this part of the world. Not sure the K99 antibodies are doing anyone any good.
Much better, IMO, to vaccinate the cow, and to ensure that calves get a good dose of high-quality colostrum. Rota/corona vaccination of calves at birth may be necessary on some premises.

The First Defense products by Immucell have what you are looking for. However the bolus' are backordered but the gel and the powder are available. Hope this helps.

Latest posts