Bought 2 registered cows

Help Support CattleToday:

elkwc

Reaction score
There was a special cow sale today about 90 miles away. One registered breeder consigned 6 young registered cows. 4 heifers 3of them bred. And 3 carrying their 2nd calf. All sired by a son of Denver. And bred to an son of GAR Sunrise. I decided they would sell well so would just watch on the computer. The sound wasn't working well. But bought 2 of them for $1,300 each. Wish I had bought 2 more.
I only watched a few sell after mine then drove up to get them. What I saw sell pairs sold very well. 2,000-2,400. But breds sold worth the money I feel. The highest I saw any commercial breds bring was 1,200 for 3-5 y/o's of top quality. At least at this sale breds were a lot softer than last fall.
Both I bought are granddaughters of Denver and should calve in late Jan to mid Feb.
What prices are others seeing. If the sound had been working I would of bought 4 of them.

bball said:
Sounds like you done real well on those 2! Congrats

Thanks. I'm very satisfied. Both had Discovery calves. One heifer calf and one bull. The breeder is retaining the heifer and a breeder bought the bull calf on the cow and took him when he was weaned.