Boom Sprayer Question

Help Support CattleToday:

scheff

Reaction score
I have about 100 acres that is in need of several years application of herbacide to reduce brush and weeds. My question is if using a 20' boom sprayer on the 3 point hitch pulled behind a tractor - at normal rates of speed and pressure, how long would a 200 gallon tank last before needing to refill. I'm curious as to the number of trips back to the house I'd have to make and if I'm just better off paying someone to do it. Thanks in advance for replies to this rookie question!

Most of the herbicides I use specify 20 apply 20 gal of solution per acre, my 100 gal sprayer does 5 acres per load

scheff":2j7ugtmi said:
I have about 100 acres that is in need of several years application of herbacide to reduce brush and weeds. My question is if using a 20' boom sprayer on the 3 point hitch pulled behind a tractor - at normal rates of speed and pressure, how long would a 200 gallon tank last before needing to refill. I'm curious as to the number of trips back to the house I'd have to make and if I'm just better off paying someone to do it. Thanks in advance for replies to this rookie question!
You need to read this. http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/farmmgt/05003.html
There are way to many variables to answer your question. Ground speed alone may be determined by how rough or smooth your pasture is. What nozzles are on the sprayer? What is the spacing?
Since you are new then I would strongly suggest a marker system or GPS. It's hard enough when you have been doing it for years.

Thanks for the feedback and the advice - it's greatly appreciated.

Latest posts