Blue Devil - review

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
everyone I got a bottle of blue devil from a part store that I do business with last week when I went to buy a head gasket for a truck they gave me the bottle which is normally 60 bucks a bottle told me to try that and see if it helps. I did as directions told me too while here at the shop and what do you know it truly sealed a head gasket that was visually leaking idle returned to normal check engine light went out and no overheating or anything. That stuff worked for me my mechanic was skeptical and still insists he needs to replace head gasket but I said lets see how long this holds. It was idling rough and puffing alot of white smoke after 20 minutes it stopped smoking and idle returned to normal. I mean even if i paid 60 bucks and it lasts a few months it was worth it. It says you can use in diesels as well.

I wouldn't use it in any modern day diesels. The egr and oil cooler passages are too small and clog easy. My truck is getting heads done and upgraded bolts, bigger injectors and some other upgrades done as we speak. At 270k there are still crosshatch in the cylinders.

Hook":1k5x1dno said:
I wouldn't use it in any modern day diesels. The egr and oil cooler passages are too small and clog easy. My truck is getting heads done and upgraded bolts, bigger injectors and some other upgrades done as we speak. At 270k there are still crosshatch in the cylinders.

I can agree with that on new diesels they are touchy. I did the treatment in a old f-150 farm truck. I know very little about a diesel thats why i had to put a diesel mechanic on payroll because my diesel repair bills were out of control.

skyhightree1":54jkium0 said:
Hook":54jkium0 said:

I can agree with that on new diesels they are touchy. I did the treatment in a old f-150 farm truck. I know very little about a diesel thats why i had to put a diesel mechanic on payroll because my diesel repair bills were out of control.

Seems there has been some issues with the product messing up cooling systems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0829n4lrQc

James T":gel8n78o said:
skyhightree1":gel8n78o said:
Hook":gel8n78o said:

Seems there has been some issues with the product messing up cooling systems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0829n4lrQc

I dont know what instructions he followed but my bottle is completely different and advises you NOT to drive your vehicle remove your thermostat and take a full minute to put the bottle in there as well as put in with water only no antifreeze and you must flush all antifreeze out because I think antifreeze hardens up with blue devil. I think he created his own problems. The farm truck has 396k on the motor I drive it at 10 miles at most each way so if motor goes not a big deal.

There were a couple of other reviews too on the white labeled version. For an engine that might get junked anyway the hail Mary in a can probably won't make it any worse.

Mine is still idling no smoke maybe cause its a 1994 and not a 2004 lol I think alot of people do not read carefully and follow directions.

Latest posts