Bloody nose

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Just finished working cattle thru the chute. Last cow was hanging back, and running through us in the corral. Ended up using the hot shot. That sent her head first into the chute. She hit it pretty hard and ended up with a bloody nose in one nostril... bleeding pretty good but did slow as time went by, down to a drop or two every 5 to 10 seconds.

Seems normal now and came to feed. Anything to watch or worry about?

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":y7wimyn2 said:
Just finished working cattle thru the chute. Last cow was hanging back, and running through us in the corral. Ended up using the hot shot. That sent her head first into the chute. She hit it pretty hard and ended up with a bloody nose in one nostril... bleeding pretty good but did slow as time went by, down to a drop or two every 5 to 10 seconds.

Seems normal now and came to feed.
  • Anything to watch or worry about?
Thanks,
Alan
nope.. but you might look for a early spring

ALACOWMAN":2laq1c3k said:
Alan":2laq1c3k said:

Seems normal now and came to feed.
  • Anything to watch or worry about?
Thanks,
Alan
nope.. but you might look for a early spring

I wish! She's now standing under a tree chewing cud... no worse for wear.... thanks!

Alan

Alan":1dsrxscw said:

Seems normal now and came to feed. Anything to watch or worry about?

Thanks,
Alan

I would look for her to be a little harder to get in the chute next time ;-)

About once a month I feed mine in the lot where the chuts are.To get out they have to go through the chute. I take them right thru the squeeze. This shows them they won't be hurt and makes it a lot easier to work them when I need to.

Cows have an alot of blood...a few drops won't hurt as long as it is slowing and stops. She could bloe bloody snott for a day or so.
Just my two bits worth....DMc

Latest posts