bloat in calf

Help Support CattleToday:

tnrichie

Reaction score
i have a bottle fed calf and this morning it drank its bottle fine but this evening it is bloated and wouldnt drink at all.... but seems to be in goo spirits as i let it out of its stall and it followed me around. but the movement didnt move its gas...calf isnt really swelled out too big and it is trying to poop but only gets a lil out at a time ....anyone have any suggestios

tnrichie":2i6tcgg3 said:
i have a bottle fed calf and this morning it drank its bottle fine but this evening it is bloated and wouldnt drink at all.... but seems to be in goo spirits as i let it out of its stall and it followed me around. but the movement didnt move its gas...calf isnt really swelled out too big and it is trying to poop but only gets a lil out at a time ....anyone have any suggestios

I don't think it's bloat at that young age. For constipated calves I have given a mineral oil drench. Have heard of some giving Epsom Salts.

MikeC":aw3q8vtm said:
tnrichie":aw3q8vtm said:

I don't think it's bloat at that young age. For constipated calves I have given a mineral oil drench. Have heard of some giving Epsom Salts.
Ease up on the feeding, and let him get hungry. I'll bet you sometime tomorrow he'll have an appetite. Like Mike said, he's too young to have bloat.

tnrichie":wrscjgj8 said:
========
tnrichie,

How old is this calf?

What are you feeding it?

Have you changed feed ? If so from what to what and why?

Is the poop that comes out...soft or firm... and color?

Latest posts