Blizzard warning

Help Support CattleToday:

At 5:30 p.m. we had 15". Tried to go to town and after 3 miles of plowing 3 ft. drifts we turned around and came back. Drifts around the barn are up to the bottom of the door window on the pickup.
Bear

They've activated the National Guard for central Indiana.
I seem to be about 50 miles south of the worst of it, but the rain was coming in sheets last time I looked. We could still fall into the ice zone.

Drifts are the worst i've seen here in N.E. Oklahoma. I think we have about fifteen inchs of snow and some of the drifts are five foot high. Can't walk to the barn or get to the tractor to plug it in so i can warm it up and feed some hay. I'll try it again tomorrow, got to figure out some way to feed. I guess its all part of the country life. Luckily we dont get these kind very often and this one is a once in a lifetime for this part of the country.I put extra hay out on a different pasture, so all i need to do is open a gate, but getting there ?????

How are the roads by all of you? Here the county I live in hasn't hardly done a thing. I went to town the other day, and the road I was on looked like a field filled with snow, it was snow packed and icy, I hit the brake once and off I went into the ditch. Luckily there was the plow truck passing thru and he pulled me out, the 2 teenage boys that lived clse by had a chain, and they got a lil excitement. It was slow and steady until the interstate-which was clear.

GMN