Blind squirrel finds nut

Help Support CattleToday:

Today's score was a 22 ft drive on trailer heavy enough for my old massey. Built in 1990. New tires and axles, 1300 bucks

hooknline":16huop9y said:
Today's score was a 22 ft drive on trailer heavy enough for my old massey. Built in 1990. New tires and axles, 1300 bucks

A old guy I have known forever found a bumper pull deal like that. He put on a gooseneck front and sold it for a lot of nickels. He never intended to sell it but the offer was more than he could stand.

Today I picked up 28 acres of improved pasture lease and a beautiful brangus heifer. Supposedly she's bred but I haven't picked her up yet to check her. If open I pay 800. If bred 1000.
This puts the land total at 290 acres. But when I sell this years calves this spring I've got to reinvest the proceeds into more bred cows to stock with.

Your are on a roll, keep up the good work. How close is all the land? Hopefully within 20-30 mi. And when your buying these cows or heifers do you quarantine them by themselves? It's a good idea, just in case.

I'm trying to do the best I can.
All the places are within 20 minutes except the largest piece (200) that's 45 minutes away
All the breds are purchased for the particular pieces so they aren't intermingled with the existing ones. The last brangus heifer I know her, the owner, and the sire. I'll probably pick her up and bring her back home here to either breed or keep an eye on. If she's bred she should be 8 months bred because that's when the bull was sold. I've had 2 heifers out of the same sire and they are dandies

TexasBred":6n9cp99o said:
ousoonerfan22":6n9cp99o said:
You should have bought a mega million ticket!

Oh heck no. He's totally happy being Fred Sanford, Jr. :lol:
Fred Sanford wishes he could be me :lol: the stuff i find is worth more ;-)

Actually, there's a theory i try to run my businesses by. Always try to be in a position financially and otherwise to jump on opportunities when they come up

We picked this nut up last march. Owner ran one yak through it and never used it after that we got it for 1100
553865_10150626674818240_1825005770_n.jpg

I found a newer version of that same chute last year, less the self catch, and it set me back $1700. I'd say you got a deal for sure.

kenny thomas":33oktm00 said:
Just dont hire him to make gator jerky unless you have good teeth. Another story. :lol2: :lol2:
:lol: someone has to be first. :lol:

Latest posts