Birthdays....

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Do you enjoy/dislike being wished Happy Birthday via the coffee shop by members or should we all just give it up??

alisonb":3h8wxsw0 said:
Do you enjoy/dislike being wished Happy Birthday via the coffee shop by members or should we all just give it up??
keep it,, beats the he%$ outa being talked too like a feild hand

I think it's a good thing. BTW thanks for reminding me that today is my wifes birthday. You just got me out of the doghouse

alisonb":3s5qzvme said:

Yes, I vote we keep it, at least til my birthday in February... I just love birthday wishes! :lol2:

I say keep doing it. I've never been one that needs a lot of attention but it is nice when someone wishes me a Happy Birthday. For those that don't like it, they should remove their birthday from their profile. Problem solved.

bretsam":2wm89vm1 said:
alisonb":2wm89vm1 said:

Yes, I vote we keep it, at least til my birthday in February... I just love birthday wishes! :lol2:

February--when I get revenge on all the people who said I wouldn't make 35.

Keep it it's nice to wish friends a Happy Birthday, and as was said before if you don't want greetings remove your Birth date. Mines in May by the way. :lol2: :p

bretsam":3ijnrg31 said:
alisonb":3ijnrg31 said:

Happy Birthday a little ahead of time. Hope you have many more happy Birthdays.
I may overlook it later, I overlook a lot of things.

I'lll just go ahead and wish everybody that has birthdays a Happy Birthday.

Now I feel better with that all taken care of.

alacattleman":2rcymuqx said:
alisonb":2rcymuqx said:
keep it,, beats the he%$ outa being talked too like a feild hand

larryshoat":2rcymuqx said:
I say keep it. What does it hurt to make the world a little more civil?

Larry

Keep it.

Ryder":2xeijfc9 said:
I just got to thinking. :hat: (did it hurt?) :p
What I was thinking was how about everybody making their own decision?
Did I think wrong?
Nope, it is your choice to answer to any post, but it sounds like sour grapes not to answer to B'days and prayer requests. JMO.

chrisy":16g8f0hc said:
Ryder":16g8f0hc said:
Did I think wrong?
Nope, it is your choice to answer to any post, but it sounds like sour grapes not to answer to B'days and prayer requests. JMO.
What about Christmas?

Ryder":2lslvmau said:
chrisy":2lslvmau said:
Ryder":2lslvmau said:
Did I think wrong?
What about Christmas?
yep and Easter and Thanksgiving and all the others I forgot.

Ryder wrote:
I just got to thinking. (did it hurt?)
It never did hurt to be civil or friendly. I was just thinking/hoping that instead of sitting on the fence (like many of us do :p ) we could be a little more spontaneous with our birthday wishes.
One will just never know what kind of a day that person has had and what a few kind words may mean.
And sure, the choice is up to the individual obviously - I just found the fence very uncomfortable.

alisonb":1nta9egp said:
Ryder wrote:
I just got to thinking. (did it hurt?)
It never did hurt to be civil or friendly. I was just thinking/hoping that instead of sitting on the fence (like many of us do :p ) we could be a little more spontaneous with our birthday wishes.
One will just never know what kind of a day that person has had and what a few kind words may mean.
And sure, the choice is up to the individual obviously - I just found the fence very uncomfortable.

No, there was no pain. But there was sort of a strained feeling between my ears- sort of like a muscle that has not been used for a long time.
Anyway, thanks for asking. I know you did not know what kind of a day I had and were just showing your care for me.

Another poster suggested that I might have a sour grapes attitude about this birthday business. No body has ever posted a happy birthday message for me. I think this would make a lot of people feel a little down in the dumps. :frowns: :drink: After all, I do have a very fragile ego.

alisonb":1wf9oxmz said:
It never did hurt to be civil or friendly.
Ryder, I hope you did not think I was getting at you personally as you always come across civil and friendly. I enjoy your posts. (that's for your ego ;-), no seriously you seem like a great person)
Ryder":1wf9oxmz said:
No, there was no pain. But there was sort of a strained feeling between my ears- sort of like a muscle that has not been used for a long time.
I usually just smell smoke :shock: .

alisonb":x297lglo said:
alisonb":x297lglo said:
It never did hurt to be civil or friendly.
Ryder, I hope you did not think I was getting at you personally as you always come across civil and friendly. I enjoy your posts. (that's for your ego ;-), no seriously you seem like a great person)
Ryder":x297lglo said:
I usually just smell smoke :shock: .
I am, I am. I am a really great person. :banana:

I am, I am. I am a really great person. :banana:[/quote]
Mr Ryder I'd go along with that, but with all that jigging about you'll do your back in.... :?

Latest posts