birds

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I saw my first Cattle Egrets of the year~a small flock of about 10 birds..It's almost cricket season,guess they're a bit early..

I was thinking about the egrets this morning. Just got back inside and it's cold here this morning. Sure doesn't feel like spring.

Not to rub it in but it was in the 80f yesterday with wall to wall sunshine! Today will be cloudy,75f with rain tonight and tomorrow... Y'all get ready,rain here means flood and snow there. :(

Ain't seen any egrets yet but I have 2 pair of Canadian geese hanging around. They usually come through this time of year.

Oh Peg, I saw about a dozen this afternoon when I went to move our first calvers off the rye! Could you maybe post something tomorrow about seeing a wad of cash, and we'll see if we can create a pattern? :)

farmwriter":qow31gvm said:
Oh Peg, I saw about a dozen this afternoon when I went to move our first calvers off the rye! Could you maybe post something tomorrow about seeing a wad of cash, and we'll see if we can create a pattern? :)
:lol2: :D :) :lol2: :lol2: :tiphat: Oh how I wish I could!! :nod: :lol2:

Seen a couple of egrets, tons of robins. I'm hearing a lot more birdsong in the mornings. Heard a woodpecker the other day. I don't know if they go somewhere warm or live here year round. I just heard one. I'm waiting for all the trees to bud out. Worth the allergies just to see green again. I'm so ready for spring.

peg4x4":11z7tqoy said:
Not to rub it in but it was in the 80f yesterday with wall to wall sunshine! Today will be cloudy,75f with rain tonight and tomorrow... Y'all get ready,rain here means flood and snow there. :(
had 4/10ths thru the night. Ground took it OK, then it started a raining lightly again around 11 am. Just went to the mailbox and checked the rainguage. Got another 4/10ths for a total of 8/10ths so far. Getting to be a sloppy mess again. Still better than what we had last year. :nod:

Cat had her litter of kittens today. Calving on nasty rainy days evidently isn't only cow thing. Had 3, Gretchen already managed to get one. Two left.

Latest posts