Birds on Welfare

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I have taken up the hobby of back yard bird watching and feeding. One morning sitting on the porch drinking coffee watching the birds I realized how much the birds relate to our open border policy and the welfare system. In a months time the bird population has grown from few birds to hundreds of birds all coming for free food and water, if you provide free food and care they will come. It is my choice to spend my money on the birds because I enjoy watching them and their singing. It is not my choice to feed all these people on welfare because I do not enjoy watching them spent my money. :2cents: :devil2:

cowboy43":1b4pspgp said:
I have taken up the hobby of back yard bird watching and feeding. One morning sitting on the porch drinking coffee watching the birds I realized how much the birds relate to our open border policy and the welfare system. In a months time the bird population has grown from few birds to hundreds of birds all coming for free food and water, if you provide free food and care they will come. It is my choice to spend my money on the birds because I enjoy watching them and their singing. It is not my choice to feed all these people on welfare because I do not enjoy watching them spent my money. :2cents: :devil2:
Good one. :D :D :D

The new boss lady put out feeders in our back yard. Birds are everywhere.

I have a feeling there's going to be trouble when the boysenberry crop comes in late next May. I don't do the whirly gigs and shiny ribbon. I blast 'em.

I can't believe how many white wing doves the feeders have attracted, sometimes looks like a couple hundred at times, we didn't have white wings till a few years ago.

Sorry and hope not to hijack but I just left Walmart and I am wondering if there is a real population of people that can't work and maybe they're a few people working the systems that give the rest a bad reputation

From what I see at Walmart and places like it, there is a real population that needs help.
They aren't physically or mentally capable of working
I wonder what percentage of the welfare recipients are capable of working
It may not be that high ?

:cowboy: 43, I have thought the same thing. I sometimes feel guilty feeding them welfare birds.

What I notice watching people at WalMart is how many young people are going in all through the day, I can not believe that many young people shiff work or work at nite.It seems they should be at work, it has been like this for years.

cowboy43":2rtdealx said:
I can't believe how many white wing doves the feeders have attracted, sometimes looks like a couple hundred at times, we didn't have white wings till a few years ago.

Limited out last year and they were all white wing. There was a time we had to have a special permit for them. Didn't see many.

Shanghai you have my condolences. The only time I ever get a case anything similar to road rage is when I get a Wal-Mart shopping buggy. I have already been 5 times this year. The aisle is plenty wide but they come at me three abreast and expect me to back out or something. Motorized carts plus a cart on either side at times. All I want to do is get the items I can't get elsewhere and get the hades out of there. If I happen to run in to a long lost friend I have no desire to converse. Don't know why in the heck anyone would want to socialize there. Seems I offend friends each time I have gone. I don't mind waving but chatting about anything is out of the question. Meet me for dinner, heck I'll buy.

in recent years people here have thought it a good idea to liberate doves at weddings... well Joy Joy for me, I get to listen to that blasted cooing all freaking day.. drives me bonkers, especially after a night of crickets!.. I'll off anyone that comes around.

Feeding birds anytime outside winter is an unnecessary and wrongful practice in my humble opinion.

As an introduced species, White Wing Doves here are unprotected. That means fair game year round. They're some noisy critters. Not many here that I've seen, excepting the two that've been nesting and making an insufferable racket here in my yard for the past 9 years.

Latest posts