Biotin 50 LB bag

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I used to always get 50 lb bags of just biotin at our local feed store. It wasn't something he carried, he always ordered it for me. The store has closed down. I can find tons of supplements online. They are all beneficial I'm sure. Just expensive as heck. I can't seem to find just a 50 LB bag of biotin. Does anybody know where I could order it.

Bigfoot":1w49gibj said:
I used to always get 50 lb bags of just biotin at our local feed store. It wasn't something he carried, he always ordered it for me. The store has closed down. I can find tons of supplements online. They are all beneficial I'm sure. Just expensive as heck. I can't seem to find just a 50 LB bag of biotin. Does anybody know where I could order it.

You were probably buying a diluted version. Something like Biotin 100. Cost about $.30 a lb. retail. Biotin 2% will run you $10 a pound. Check with any local feed manufacturer or see if your feed store can buy it from his feed supplier.

Lost my second source for biotin. Got an uncle in institutional food sales. He got me a 25 pound bag of gelatin. How much do I feed per day, and will it do for me what biotin was?

Bump
Feeding two table spoonfuls per horse. Seems like an awful small amount. Surely somebody has some experience, or insight.

The supplement I give my ponies is 15mg of biotin; I have seen others with up to 50 mg...so, two tablespoons of yours should be plenty. Mine is mostly for joint health(since I rope on them, like you), but it does have some biotin.