Bigfoot this might interest you and others.

Help Support CattleToday:

There's a place we used to go rope by Ardmore Oklahoma and right down the road from it is a cowboy church. They have their own arena and steers and everybody brings there horses to church and goes to rope after church. I thought it was a pretty cool place. I don't know if it's still there anymore though.

I just drove by a cowboy church with a rodeo in the back by our new farm. Looks pretty cool I want to check it our when we get moved out there, hopefully soon :bang:

We have a local cowboy church in Eden, the Hallelujah Trail Cowboy Church that puts on team ropings and sortings to help raise $$ for buildings, ministry support, etc. They are a lot of fun, and every once and awhile they will put on a big one in San Angelo. There is a cowboy church in san angelo as well that puts on, well they used to, ranch rodeos-- those used to draw a lot of teams and were really a good time.

Cowboy Churches have really seemed to grow in popularity recently... and I am all for them!! I was asked to preached recently at a local Cowboy Church in our area and I was absolutely thrilled to see how God is working through all types of people to spread the good news of Jesus Christ. I often think about what it must have been like to hear Jesus when he preached... Remember, He didn't need a fancy building or anything else to spread his message of Hope and Love! God will save you right where you are (be it a bar stool or a barn), just remember that he isn't content with leaving you there!!

All of us need a good place to Worship! I am thankful for these venues (and ALL venues) that are reaching the lost and spreading the Good News!

God Bless!

All the cowboy churches around here are doing is taking members away from existing churches and throwing up big building with a big rodeo arena .Doing more of what I call "Sheep stealing" than seeking the lost sheep. One even had Micky Gilley singing a few weeks ago.

TexasBred":12ne9nfn said:
All the cowboy churches around here are doing is taking members away from existing churches and throwing up big building with a big rodeo arena .Doing more of what I call "Sheep stealing" than seeking the lost sheep. One even had Micky Gilley singing a few weeks ago.
Cowboy church here,lost over half it's members to another cowboy church...

Our cowboy church meets on Thursday nights. It is centered more around out reach, than ministering to ourselves. We provide services at rodeos and equine activities around the area, when called. In 2015, we shared the word with a little over 3000 people. IMHO, it is a poor substitute for a church home. We are however sharing with a certain number of people that would otherwise not be attending a service.

ALACOWMAN":zurxpbsr said:
TexasBred":zurxpbsr said:

I spoke Sunday about that very issue. Church growth in this day and age is not from gaining attendance from the lost. It is when a member leaves one church to attend another. The "modern" church is centered around providing programs and activities that keep our own membership happy and content. Few programs exist to bring the word out in the field. In other words ,"My house is full, but my fields are empty".

Bigfoot":ea96x7x8 said:
ALACOWMAN":ea96x7x8 said:
TexasBred":ea96x7x8 said:

I spoke Sunday about that very issue. Church growth in this day and age is not from gaining attendance from the lost. It is when a member leaves one church to attend another. The "modern" church is centered around providing programs and activities that keep our own membership happy and content. Few programs exist to bring the word out in the field. In other words ,"My house is full, but my fields are empty".

There's some good opportunities to serve the community and gain membership. A couple of Sunday's a year, a large majority won't be in the building because they are all helping at an event- such a tangible feeling seeing a bunch of people out in coordination in the community helping. Seems like the right thing to do. Built a gym and keep it open for kids. There is a program to help tutor kids after school. A little creativity could go a long way I think.

ALACOWMAN":2kg4htmm said:
TexasBred":2kg4htmm said:
Guess that would be considered "rustling". :lol: :lol:

Latest posts