Big trouble... please advise

Help Support CattleToday:

I have NEVER hit my wife and have no intention of ever hitting her. My brother's ex used to go into fits of rage and slap him and kick him. He used to just push her off until she calmed down but he would get scratched up in the process. I told him there is a limit to what he should accept. If she is man enough to hit a man she should be man enough to take his self defense blow. The finally divorced and she hooked up with her current husband who finally snapped after she did that to him a few times. She doesn't go off like that anymore.

I have met two guys who were married to....... OMG I didn't see how they ever got to together. Lovely guys and yes beautiful women, but not on the inside.

Years later and the women left them and they now have gorgeous partners, maybe not totally on the outside, but on the inside gorgeous and the guys are now happy.

Suzie Q":2t5mbu8a said:
I have met two guys who were married to....... OMG I didn't see how they ever got to together. Lovely guys and yes beautiful women, but not on the inside.

Years later and the women left them and they now have gorgeous partners, maybe not totally on the outside, but on the inside gorgeous and the guys are now happy.
getting together is the easy part,,now getting the he$# away from em

Its cheaper to keep her. At least until the kids are grown . At least that's what I'm going to do. I've already made sure there isn't any equity in anything I own just in case she desides to leave . Traded my tractor in yesterday.

As I said the women left them. Both left to go with another man.

The men are not blame free!!! After all they probably chose those women over the lovely inside girls thinking that they were not good enough.

Holy cow! Yall are taking this to seriously! I just thought some of you might get a kick out of me being on silent treatment and not even knowing about it. I supose that's not such a good thing but we are really busy poeple right now and we do tend to give our available time to the kids (two that are ours biologically and one that is ours by choice) and not each other.

I'm kinda like 3waycross, I just poke until she blows up. I start(once I figure out that I'm in trouble) by asking every few hours if everything is still all my fault and keep at it for however long it takes.
I cracked her today and had to laugh. She's been so busy trying to stay MAD that she can't even remember what made her mad in the first place. :mrgreen: She pulled out everything she could think of but it was pretty week and I could tell she knew that it was weak as well. She's still not talking but she will shortly.

Since we got serious and touched on abusive relationships, I'll share something real about my wife and I. Maybe it can help someone in the same situation that doesn't know that they're in it yet.
My wife came from a home where she was molested as a young girl and watched her mom get beat alot. Her stepfather was such a monster that she was unable to have freinds over without him going after them as well. He was arrested a few times but nothing stuck.
Everything was fine when we got married and it was all repressed and comletly unknown to me until he started acting up in my home and I literally kicked his butt out as in he was crawling and I was kicking. :D That night my wife was actually physically sick with emotion after seeing him get put in his place for a change. It was then that she told me... If I'd have know I can honestly say I wouldn't have let him get to the door.
Since then the enire situation has come to light and while many of his victims won't admit what happened I KNOW who they are by their reactions to me and her now that she has come out from under it.
My wife gets stronger every day but we've had a big can of worms as she works through her emotions and since I'm the alpha male in her life now, alot of times I'm resented for things that HE did to her.

I get alot of things like her wanting a new dress but being scared to ask for money from me because there was always retribution for even asking as a child and so now she's resenting me for denying her what she wants even though she never asked me. :hide: I spoil my wife whenever I can figure out what she wants.
Another big one that alot of abuse victims deal with: As she was growing up, her parents would say things intentionally to hurt her feelings so she learned to evaluate everything that her loved ones say as if they're trying to hurt her. I say"good morning babe, you look great today" and her mind literally jumps to the conclussion that I think she looks awful the rest of the time because that's how she was trained to think. Now I'm in trouble because I was being mean when I told her she looked great. :???:
Before I found out what was going on I nearly gave up on her but now I understand that she's not doing it by choice and when I get the part of her that isn't haunted by memories she's pretty easy to get along with. It's hard to remeber that sometimes I'm not dealing with a rational adult but with a scared teenage girl and I have to guide her out of it all and back into todays reality.
She swears I'm an impatient SOB but I beg to differ.

cp it's not just women that are like that, my Husband had a bad time growning up his Father left when he was a tiny baby, then his Mother deserting him at a young age and his grandparents bought him up, they were very good to him, but it's not like having your parents, Then he got into a bad marriage, his first wife was diagnosed with bipoler after the children were born, he and the children led a life of fear, not knowing from one day to the next what mood she would be in. At the advice from the Doctor in charge of her case he was advised to divorce her, he did and got custody of the children, another hard thing for him to deal with bringing up two children on his own. Then we met and things have gone from strength to strength, and he says he is the happiest now than he ever has been in his whole life.

Same here. Molested as a child and then 'a battered wife' because of a partner with bipolar. He only hit me once as I darn well hit him back, but after that he would break my stuff or go outside and kill one of my hens.

I am probably very lucky to get out with my life, but now I have the most gorgeous partner who I know would never hurt me. He doesn't even know about my former partner.

As a female who had a rough childhood with abuse both emotional and physical (beatings), i can kinda understand where your wife is coming from. Here are a few insights which might help.
Even though i am so angry at him, really my anger is not at him. And even if i say get away, I really need that hug.
and the big one is, and i think it is with most women, we have that conversation planned in our heads when we want to chat about something important. We assume what our husbands will say and have answers ready. (its why most men feel ambushed when the conversation happens...we've had time to plan it out) Before the husband even hears the "something to chat about" we are already upset cause we did not get the anticipated result...all in our heads mind you. The problem is women like us who have has rough childhoods, the thoughts going through our heads about the anticipated conversation take a turn down the wrong road and we get our danders in a real knot.

That planning how the conversation goes has something to do with the amount of words men and women use. By the time the husband gets home from work, he has already used up his 5000 average quota of words for the day. For most women the average quota is something like 25 000 words aday. So when the husband is just getting home all words used, the wife is just getting started :lol

I know CP you never meant this post to take the turn it did and you never posted anything negative.Sorry to jack your thread. :tiphat:

Isomade why would you think anything different , no apology needed at all. Us survivors of abuse are all strong women who post on here ,we are cattle women hear us ROAR !!
We are strong ,independent and more importantly have very loving and forgiving hearts ♥.

Men who are in an abusive relationship you have places to go and a network of help, you are safe and never judged ♥

hillsdown":k1vls6js said:
:mad:
That is the STUPIDIST thing I have read on here !! Even with The lol jk . Please edit it and I will then delete my post .

<snip>

Us survivors of abuse are all strong women who post on here ,we are cattle women hear us ROAR !!
We are strong ,independent and more importantly have very loving and forgiving hearts ♥.

That has to be the STUPIDIST reply made to a joke post I've ever seen!! Give me a break! It was a joke! Looks to me if you are what you say you are ("ROAR"), then you wouldn't have gotten all dramatic. A simple PM with your displeasure would have worked just fine, but no, you resort to public bullying and extortion. HD, put your big girl panties on and get over it.

slick4591":icqbgmkl said:
hillsdown":icqbgmkl said:
:mad:
That is the STUPIDIST thing I have read on here !! Even with The lol jk . Please edit it and I will then delete my post .

<snip>

Us survivors of abuse are all strong women who post on here ,we are cattle women hear us ROAR !!

That has to be the STUPIDIST reply made to a joke post I've ever seen!! Give me a break! It was a joke! Looks to me if you are what you say you are ("ROAR"), then you wouldn't have gotten all dramatic. A simple PM with your displeasure would have worked just fine, but no, you resort to public bullying and extortion. HD, put your big girl panties on and get over it.
Slick it is not that easy to get over anything like that as it cuts deep and takes away all your confidence, which can take a life time to get over, I was put down verbally by my first husband and it took a lot for me to get my confidence back. I now know it was because he was insecure and couldn't take it that his wife was more clever than he ever could be. My Hubby I have now has bought me out of my shell and back to the person I was, but it took him a few years to do it. I am lucky some people never get over the abuse, perhaps because mine didn't last that long, .....I worked with children who were abused and they are deeply scared.
This is not the sort of thing to be joked about, I found that out the hard way. But I will excuse you, and anyone else for the jokes as having never been through such a thing you don't understand, and thank God you don't and hopefully never will.....just my little rant for the day.

chrisy":2tdm9ppm said:
But I will excuse you, and anyone else for the jokes as having never been through such a thing you don't understand, and thank God you don't and hopefully never will.....just my little rant for the day.

With all due respect, Chrisy, you have no idea what I've been through in my life. My first marriage was no cake walk and your post gives the suggestion that abuse can't happen to the male. I beg to differ with that, but I do appreciate your tone in expressing yourself. Now that this thread is a total train wreck, I'll bow out.

slick4591":2git8etj said:
chrisy":2git8etj said:
But I will excuse you, and anyone else for the jokes as having never been through such a thing you don't understand, and thank God you don't and hopefully never will.....just my little rant for the day.

With all due respect, Chrisy, you have no idea what I've been through in my life. My first marriage was no cake walk and your post gives the suggestion that abuse can't happen to the male. I beg to differ with that, but I do appreciate your tone in expressing yourself. Now that this thread is a total train wreck, I'll bow out.
Oh! no I know it can, as I have said in a post earlier how my Husband was treated badly by his mother, not physical abuse but desertion.

I think you probably know why she is mad at you, or you better, because if you don't and say that to her, you are just gonna be in deeper %^$& than you already are-

Everyone always talks about abused women..what about the abused men in the world...was married 18 yrs.to a woman who wanted to fight everytime she walked in door from 1 of her drunk episodes. Have been completely asleep & had full unopened beers bounced off eyeballs..beat with pistol barrels ( I had unlaoded it earlier) & just beat...we are suppose to just take this & do nothing in return...well finally was pouring beer down drain when she hit me with 10 in. cast iron skillet... hit 5 times & 38 stiches later ..we are to say NOW SETTLE DEAR>> Did find out my head was harder than the skillet...broke the bottom out of it...& still walkin... :hide:

If you don't like the silent treatment then you had better get used to talking. Keep talking till she connects with you again. Silent treatments are because she has given up on ever feeling mentally close to you- if a women is not mentally close to you you are loosing her- its just a matter of time.

Granny told me to never go to bed mad-- I didn't understand it then, but I do now
I went to bed mad/hurt way too many times(mostly because he didn't have time to talk to me), and now theres no repairing a marriage with a really nice guy.
I'm tuned out(I don't feel mad anymore- I just don't care any more) and he has no clue how to reconnect.

Funny when we met I didn't like him and he was a bull dog to get me to notice and connect with him then- now its too much trouble to hash it out with me till its fixed or over for good.
I'm eventually gonna walk away(I don't like who I am around him anymore), and he'll never understand why.

Latest posts