Big Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
Yesterday was a pretty big day. I was officially released from the care of the wound clinic. I also had my last blood draw for the infectious disease clinic I was seeing. I had called them earlier in the week to get prior test results, and the first round of post-medicine labs were clear and the "bone biopsy" taken from the final surgery came back negative meaning the infection was pretty minimal. Finally, and this is the big one, I was given the blessing by my surgeon on Monday to go back to work. So, Thursday I go back to work for the first time in four months. Even though it's going to be tough, I'm ready.

Good to hear!.. take care of #1 and don't force anything.. you're going to feel muscles you didn't know you had if you do stupid stuff too quickly!

Thanks everyone, this has been a pretty exciting week. The worst thing I've experienced is the nerve pain from nerves coming alive. There is nothing quite like that feeling of hot lightning in your foot.

Good news. You'll be back to normal before you know it.
A piece of advice: work through the nerve stuff as fast as you can. Punish it. The faster you blow through that the better off you'll be.

Best, the Prince of Darkness missed this ailment.

Glad the news is good. I am guessing you had a bone infection. You are lucky to put that behind you. Blood flow in bone tissue is not high. Can be a major task getting antibiotic levels high enough. Going back to work will be good therapy.

Thanks for all the well wishes. What I've learned most from this is that the mundane things in life (driving, showering, going to a grocery store, etc) are actually pretty difficult to some folks, and how easy we all really have compared to some folks. It really has given me a whole new perspective on things.

Glad to hear everything is looking up. Yep, when I have had bad injuries, it makes me appreciate all the things that I couldn't do. Broke my back in 1990 and had to have my wife wipe my rear end, that's a true sign of love
:oops:

Rafter S":2m9rep0o said:
I'm afraid I also didn't know you were having problems, but I'm glad you're better.

I didn't put anything on here for a long time because I got pretty down about it.

Txpiney":2m9rep0o said:
Glad to hear everything is looking up. Yep, when I have had bad injuries, it makes me appreciate all the things that I couldn't do. Broke my back in 1990 and had to have my wife wipe my rear end, that's a true sign of love
:oops:
That is love. My wife didn't have to go to that extreme, but there were some unpleasant things she had to do.

Latest posts