!!!Best Maternal Lines In Each Breed!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

JR Cattle Co.

Reaction score
In your own opinion,what are the best maternal lines in your favorite breeds?? What genetics have worked well for you in producing replacements and developing a strong cow herd? I think it will be interesting to see your thoughts and opininons!
JR Cattle Co.

Fullblood Limousin I like Wrc Punch he will usally get you a moderately framed cow with good muscle, calving ease, and good milk.
Golden Veiw krugerrand will produce a larger framed cow than punch good muscle good milk better doctilitythan punch.
SOGF Special K. good all around bull a little heavy for heifers makes great mothe cows.
MH Southern Cross A good solid polled fullblood bull cows out of Southern Cross will be super easy calfers they make nice well rounded cattle.

Many of the Victors have a good reputation, and mine have been good to me. I consider Hazletts to be tops. I like Feltons cattle for many reasons.

Mark Domino 8020 is noted for excellent daughters, and many still highly regard 549 F243 females. I've been reading some good things about PW Victor Boomer P606 daughters. Jim Reed recommended Vindicator as a female sire, and one of the best bargains in his catalog.

HoliJo 103 that lady put a lot of milk in Limousin cattle. All you have to do is look at her sons KRMC Black Legacy 917B, Express Limousin used this bull heavly. McGee Polled Nightshade, and a bull that I used as a terminal sire, as I am a commercial guy KRMC Black Legacy 265H.... Normally I never keep heifers, but I couldnt help myself, they looked so good and they did have a touch of ear. These heifers have milked well for the type of enviroment they are in.

I wouldn't have a clue to tell you the truth. But I have picked up a strong impression from Greg Rhodes - the person I do the Erica website for - is that the strength of the genetics he is developing is via the maternal line. He sees bulls as mere carriers of their mothers' characteristics. He sees cow longevity, fertility and milking ability as critical to the type of Angus he is developing. Just a devalued two cents worth from a web-head ;-)

Regards

Jack

I dont think you can go wrong with 434V or 19D daughters, Mine are always the first noticed as well as consistantly bring in a highly marketable calf. also my 878 angus daughters are the most consistant.

DFF":132w23mc said:
I dont think you can go wrong with 434V or 19D daughters, Mine are always the first noticed as well as consistantly bring in a highly marketable calf. also my 878 angus daughters are the most consistant.

I forgot the 46B daughters also!

DFF":1w0uflwp said:

One of my Victors was sired by an OSU Tradition bull that was a son or grandson of Mohican Tradition. Is this the 434V you are referring to? Seems like that should be the right number behind his name, but I may be mistaken. This cow has two flaws in my estimation: She could stand a more substantial rear quarter, and as Herefords go, she is not that docile. Notwithstanding, many would be glad to have a cow as calm as she is, for a Hereford she is less than she should be. Never aggressive, but too standoffish, and hates the chute. Heavy milker, good udder and teats, deep bodied, reasonably thick, good feet. Just curious if Tradition cows tend to be a little less calm than many Herfs?

Latest posts