best cuts for Corriente's

Help Support CattleToday:

cedarview

Reaction score
I am looking to butcher some Corriente cattle. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to have it cut?

Thanks,

What about the filet? Any good steaks to try to save? I've eaten Corriente roasts before, when cooked low, slow and covered they weren't bad. Are y'all telling me the burger and roasts are the only good cuts?

cedarview":2w42qy1c said:
What about the filet? Any good steaks to try to save? I've eaten Corriente roasts before, when cooked low, slow and covered they weren't bad. Are y'all telling me the burger and roasts are the only good cuts?

It'll all make jerky. ;-)

My post was mostly a smarta** comment with a bit of probable truth. I've never eaten any so don't know, but it will be lean meat. Cuts will be smaller and shouldn't be much different than eating longhorn meat. Age of the animal, cut of meat and lack of marbling is mostly what makes meat tough.

My brother-in-law raises corriente x longhorns for the rodeo industry. He has tried several times to make a steer suitable to make cuts and roasts out of but to no avail. Graining and fattening didn't work. Now the slaughter animals are all made into hamburger. Even with that they mix in a little pork fat.

Latest posts