Best cross for showing?

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild":3abvz70b said:
SF":3abvz70b said:
Quad L Cattle":3abvz70b said:
I do have to say that due to a university study-it is actually Limousin that has the most ribeye area then next would be simmental then Gelbvieh,those are the top 3 of the continental breeds,

Where is the study? Can you please post a link to this study or provide info as to where we can go to see it. I'd like to see this study. Thanks.

I thought they were up there. That marc report said 4th in a tight group. What was your choice.

the link showed that Limousin had less than Piedmontese and charlois and chianina; and to my suprise simmental wasnt even in the top 5?

I wonder why the results are so different, than the ones from the other study?

the link showed that Limousin had less than Piedmontese and charlois and chianina; and to my suprise simmental wasnt even in the top 5?

I guess thats just due to variation between breeds, remember also that those cattle would probably be crossbreeds and the dam line would have had some influence. What is clear though is that the continental breeds consistently have better carcase yield and rib eye area, while the british breeds consistently have higher marbling scores.

farmer rich":3nucypjj said:

I guess thats just due to variation between breeds, remember also that those cattle would probably be crossbreeds and the dam line would have had some influence. What is clear though is that the continental breeds consistently have better carcase yield and rib eye area, while the british breeds consistently have higher marbling scores.

And also notice that breeds of French origin are among the best as far as ribeye area.

I said "among", you know Limousin,Charlois,Maine Anjou.And of course Chianina is Italian so i guess it could go both ways.

Latest posts