Best Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
This may not be my favorite cow but it is close. She is a very functional. Due with her third calf. Last calf weaned at 770 pounds. Breeds right back in about 42 days. Bigger than AllForage covets, say 1650. Good solid feet. Strong with good bones. I like her anatomy. You got to get close to a black cow to judge her, black subjects do not photograph well. I like that brand. Interesting brand. This cow was a heifer out of the Hudson Pine/Rocking P. Check that brand. First look at the HP. Then take the same P and set it on the rocker.
28r387m.jpg

332xe88.jpg

m9oj2w.jpg

Hudson Pines is a well known Simmental breeder of both show stock and good functional cattle. Did you pick her up in one of their sales? Who is her sire?

Fire Sweep Ranch":3bzbope0 said:
Hudson Pines is a well known Simmental breeder of both show stock and good functional cattle. Did you pick her up in one of their sales? Who is her sire?

I got her from Rocking P, Keith and Chan Phillips. Jeanne knows them well. They will be in Louisville, I will introduce you to them.
The cow with all the milk is also HPRP. This one's sire is JS Sure Bet 4T.

The one you said had a pretty head, her sire is STF Shocking Dream SJ14

Both really good functional bulls. You should AI them (the cows), then maybe keep a herd-sire from that mating! You have talked about Rocking P, I think they helped put on the fitting clinic at nationals this year (at least, the guy helping had a Rocking P hat on). Either way, you have some good seed stock to start with!

Beautiful cow!!!
Lots of nice things going on with her
length
balance
femininity
udder
legs
Are just a few quick things I note with a couple pictures.
and I like her size!!! ;-)

Have any bull calves out of her?
Would love to see photos of progeny if you have any.

Gelbvieh 5":p4wsussv said:
Good cow :tiphat: Kind of skinny for your outfit ain't she?
That is another nice thing about this cow. She stays in nice condition while the others may be getting too fat. She is a good athelete.

She is a good looking cow. Almost as pretty as the one with the new born calf at her side. :D I think she is my first choice. But I definitely would not kick this one out of the pasture since she is "maid of honor."

Latest posts